Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Angiopoietin 2/ANG2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Angiopoietin 2/ANG2 antibody
See all Angiopoietin 2/ANG2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Angiopoietin 2/ANG2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog, Pig
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Angiopoietin 2/ANG2 aa 1-308.
Database link: O15123
- Human colon carcinoma tissue; A549 cells; HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900).
This product was previously labelled as Angiopoietin 2
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 79% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab153934 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionCan induce tyrosine phosphorylation of TIE2. Binds to TIE2 receptor and counteracts blood vessel maturation/stability mediated by angiopoietin-1. Its function may be context-dependent. In the absence of angiogenic inducers, such as VEGF, ANG2-mediated loosening of cell-matrix contacts may induce endothelial cell apoptosis with consequent vascular regression. In concert with VEGF, it may facilitate endothelial cell migration and proliferation, thus serving as a permissive angiogenic signal.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fibrinogen C-terminal domain.
DomainThe Fibrinogen C-terminal domain mediates interaction with the TEK/TIE2 receptor.
- Information by UniProt
- AGPT 2 antibody
- Agpt2 antibody
- ANG 2 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human colon carcinoma, labeling Angiopoietin 2/ANG2 with ab153934 at 1/500 dilution.
Anti-Angiopoietin 2/ANG2 antibody (ab153934) at 1/1000 dilution + HepG2 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
7.5% SDS PAGE
Immunofluorescent analysis of methanol-fixed A549 cells, labeling Angiopoietin 2/ANG2 with ab153934 at 1/500 dilution. Lower image shows cells co-stained with Hoechst 33342.
ab153934 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Pianta S et al. A Short Bout of Exercise Prior to Stroke Improves Functional Outcomes by Enhancing Angiogenesis. Neuromolecular Med N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30941660
- Pham TT et al. Release of endothelial activation markers in lungs of patients with malaria-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome. Malar J 18:395 (2019). PubMed: 31796023
- Ibrahim NS et al. Angiopoietin1 Deficiency in Hepatocytes Affects the Growth of Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastases (CRCLM). Cancers (Basel) 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31877668
- Magkouta S et al. Targeting Tie-2/angiopoietin axis in experimental mesothelioma confers differential responses and raises predictive implications. Oncotarget 9:21783-21796 (2018). PubMed: 29774102
- Huang R et al. Metastatic pathway and the microvascular and physicochemical microenvironments of human melanoma xenografts. J Transl Med 15:203 (2017). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 29017512
- Kopparapu PK et al. MCPH1 maintains long-term epigenetic silencing of ANGPT2 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. FEBS J 282:1939-52 (2015). PubMed: 25703238
- Keats EC et al. Switch from canonical to noncanonical Wnt signaling mediates high glucose-induced adipogenesis. Stem Cells 32:1649-60 (2014). PubMed: 24496952