- References (5)
Product nameAngiotensin II (human), Vasoconstrictor peptide
Biological descriptionEndogenous peptide involved in body water and electrolyte homeostasis, blood pressure, cyclicity of reproductive hormones and sexual behaviours, and the regulation of pituitary gland hormones.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 1mg/ml
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Wright JW et al. Angiotensin receptor subtype mediated physiologies and behaviors: new discoveries and clinical targets. Prog Neurobiol 84:157-81 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18160199) »
- Daniels D et al. Angiotensin II receptor signalling. Exp Physiol 92:523-7 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17329311) »
- Sadowski J & Badzynska B Specific features and roles of renal circulation: angiotensin II revisited. J Physiol Pharmacol 57 Suppl 11:169-78 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 17244948) »