Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor antibody
See all Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor
Specificityab124505 is specific for Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor (AGTR1) and will not cross-react with AGTR2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Mouse kidney tissue lysate; Mouse kidney tissue, mouse kidney cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124505 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.Can be blocked with Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor peptide (ab176148).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for angiotensin II. Mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system.
Tissue specificityLiver, lung, adrenal and adrenocortical adenomas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in AGTR1 are a cause of renal tubular dysgenesis (RTD) [MIM:267430]. RTD is an autosomal recessive severe disorder of renal tubular development characterized by persistent fetal anuria and perinatal death, probably due to pulmonary hypoplasia from early-onset oligohydramnios (the Potter phenotype).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsC-terminal Ser or Thr residues may be phosphorylated.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AG2S antibody
- Agtr 1 antibody
- Agtr1 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor antibody (ab124505) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor antibody (ab124505) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Mouse kidney tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Immunofluorescence of AGTR1 in mouse kidney cells using ab124505 at 20 ug/ml.
Immunohistochemical analysis of mouse kidney tissue section labelling Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor with ab124505, at 2.5 µg/ml.
ab124505, at 2.5 µg/ml, staining Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor in paraffin-embedded Mouse kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab124505 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Liu R et al. iTRAQ-based proteomics and in vitro experiments reveals essential roles of ACE and AP-N in the renin-angiotensin system-mediated congenital ureteropelvic junction obstruction. Exp Cell Res 393:112086 (2020). PubMed: 32416091
- Wen J et al. Downregulation of AT2R decreases the responsiveness of BKCa channels to angiotensin II in patients with hypertension. J Mol Cell Cardiol 131:20-28 (2019). PubMed: 30998981
- He J et al. Irbesartan Ameliorates Lipid Deposition by Enhancing Autophagy via PKC/AMPK/ULK1 Axis in Free Fatty Acid Induced Hepatocytes. Front Physiol 10:681 (2019). PubMed: 31191364
- Zhang H et al. ATRQß-001 Vaccine Prevents Experimental Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms. J Am Heart Assoc 8:e012341 (2019). PubMed: 31512549
- Hasan H et al. Thrombin Induces Angiotensin II-Mediated Senescence in Atrial Endothelial Cells: Impact on Pro-Remodeling Patterns. J Clin Med 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31581517
- Jiang L et al. Brain Renin-Angiotensin System Blockade Attenuates Methamphetamine-Induced Hyperlocomotion and Neurotoxicity. Neurotherapeutics 15:500-510 (2018). PubMed: 29464572
- Wang Q et al. Alteration in the expression of the renin-angiotensin system in the myocardium of mice conceived by in vitro fertilization. Biol Reprod 99:1276-1288 (2018). PubMed: 30010728
- Wang M et al. Novel inhibitors of the cellular renin-angiotensin system components, poricoic acids, target Smad3 phosphorylation and Wnt/ß-catenin pathway against renal fibrosis. Br J Pharmacol 175:2689-2708 (2018). PubMed: 29679507
- Czikora I et al. Caveolin-1 prevents sustained angiotensin II-induced resistance artery constriction and obesity-induced high blood pressure. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 308:H376-85 (2015). PubMed: 25527780
- Huang H et al. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein plays a role in regulating the local renin-angiotensin system in HSC-T6 cells. Mol Med Rep 12:3763-3768 (2015). PubMed: 26018598