Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor antibody
See all Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor
All reported variants represent identical protein (NP_000676.1, NP_004826.2, NP_033611.1, NP_114038.1 and NP_114438.1).
Preliminary testing was unsuccessful on Rat Liver in Western blot.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59018 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionReceptor for angiotensin II. Mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system.
Tissue specificityLiver, lung, adrenal and adrenocortical adenomas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in AGTR1 are a cause of renal tubular dysgenesis (RTD) [MIM:267430]. RTD is an autosomal recessive severe disorder of renal tubular development characterized by persistent fetal anuria and perinatal death, probably due to pulmonary hypoplasia from early-onset oligohydramnios (the Potter phenotype).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsC-terminal Ser or Thr residues may be phosphorylated.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AG2S antibody
- Agtr 1 antibody
- Agtr1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor antibody (ab59018) at 0.2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human liver lysate
Lane 2 : Human liver lysate with Immunizing peptide
Lane 3 : Mouse liver lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse liver lysate with Immunizing peptide
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 45, 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Primary incubation: 1 hour at room temperature.
Detected by chemiluminescence.
ab59018 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Tang JM et al. Response Gene to Complement 32 Maintains Blood Pressure Homeostasis by Regulating a-Adrenergic Receptor Expression. Circ Res 123:1080-1090 (2018). PubMed: 30355157
- Goyal R et al. Antenatal maternal low protein diet: ACE-2 in the mouse lung and sexually dimorphic programming of hypertension. BMC Physiol 15:2 (2015). PubMed: 25971747
- Goyal R et al. Antenatal maternal protein deprivation: sexually dimorphic programming of the pancreatic renin-angiotensin system. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 14:137-45 (2013). PubMed: 22898440
- Goyal R et al. Antenatal maternal hypoxic stress: adaptations in fetal lung Renin-Angiotensin system. Reprod Sci 18:180-9 (2011). PubMed: 20978179