Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3876] to Angiotensin II Type 2 Receptor
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Angiotensin II Type 2 Receptor antibody [EPR3876]
See all Angiotensin II Type 2 Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3876] to Angiotensin II Type 2 Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Angiotensin II Type 2 Receptor aa 300-400 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HepG2, Human heart, Mouse heart, and Rat heart lysates. IP: Mouse heart cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92445 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionReceptor for angiotensin II. Cooperates with MTUS1 to inhibit ERK2 activation and cell proliferation.
Tissue specificityIn adult, highly expressed in myometrium with lower levels in adrenal gland and fallopian tube. Very highly expressed in fetal kidney and intestine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AGTR 2 antibody
- Agtr2 antibody
- AGTR2_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-Angiotensin II Type 2 Receptor antibody [EPR3876] (ab92445) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular carcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : Human heart lysates
Lane 3 : Mouse heart lysates
Lane 4 : Rat heart lysates
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP) with minimal cross-reactivity with human IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 41 kDa
ab92445 (purified ) at 1/20 dilution (0.2ug) immunoprecipitating Angiotensin II Type 2 Receptor in Mouse heart lysate .
Lane 1 (input): Mouse heart lysate 10ug
Lane 2 (+): ab92445 & Mouse heart lysate
Lane 3 (-): Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab92445 in Mouse heart lysate
For western blotting, VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP)(ab131366) was used at 1/1000 dilution.
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
ab92445 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Shi W et al. Puerarin Reduces Blood Pressure in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats by Targeting eNOS. Am J Chin Med 47:19-38 (2019). PubMed: 30612457
- Papali'i-Curtin JC et al. Expression of Components of the Renin-Angiotensin System in Pyogenic Granuloma. Front Surg 6:13 (2019). PubMed: 31024924
- Shivapathasundram G et al. Expression of Components of the Renin-Angiotensin System by the Putative Stem Cell Population Within WHO Grade I Meningioma. Front Surg 6:23 (2019). PubMed: 31157231
- Wyss JC et al. Differential Effects of the Mitochondria-Active Tetrapeptide SS-31 (D-Arg-dimethylTyr-Lys-Phe-NH2) and Its Peptidase-Targeted Prodrugs in Experimental Acute Kidney Injury. Front Pharmacol 10:1209 (2019). PubMed: 31780923
- Mishra JS et al. Pregnancy upregulates angiotensin type 2 receptor expression and increases blood flow in uterine arteries of rats. Biol Reprod 99:1091-1099 (2018). PubMed: 29860295