Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Anillin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Anillin antibody
See all Anillin primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Anillin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow
- ICC/IF: U2OS cells. Flow Cyt: MCF7 cells. IHC-P: Human kidney tissue.
General notesGenBank Accession Number – NP_061155
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5910 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 3 - 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionRequired for cytokinesis. Essential for the structural integrity of the cleavage furrow and for completion of cleavage furrow ingression.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Present at highest levels in the brain, at high levels in the placenta and testis, at intermediate levels in the intestine, ovary, skeletal muscle and thymus and at lower levels in heart, kidney, liver, lung, pancreas, prostate and spleen. Overexpressed in many tumor types including breast, colorectal, endometrial, hepatic, kidney, lung, ovarian and pancreatic tumors.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PH domain.
Developmental stageExpressed in fetal brain, heart, kidney, liver, lung, skeletal muscle, spleen and thymus. In dividing cells expression increases during S and G2 phases, peaks at mitosis and subsequently drops as cells enter G1 phase.
modificationsPhosphorylated during mitosis.
Ubiquitinated, and this requires FZR1/CDH1.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > cell cortex. Mainly found in the nucleus during interphase. Colocalizes with cortical F-actin upon nuclear envelope breakdown in mitosis and subsequently concentrates in the area of the prospective contractile ring in anaphase. This pattern persists until telophase, when the protein becomes concentrated in the midbody.
- Information by UniProt
- Actin binding protein scraps homolog Drosophila antibody
- Actin binding protein anillin antibody
- Actin-binding protein anillin antibody
ab5910 at 10ug/ml staining Anillin in human kidney tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue underwent antigen retrieval in microwave and in Tris/EDTA buffer (pH 9.0). HRP-staining procedure was used for detection.
Flow cytometric analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed MCF7 cells (blue line) and permeabilized with 0.5% Triton using ab5910 . Primary incubation 1hr (10µg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (1µg/ml). IgG control: Unimmunized goat IgG (black line) fol
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of U2OS cells labelling Anillin with ab5910 at 10 µg/ml. Cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and permeabilized with 0.15% triton. Primary antibody icubation was for 1 hour followed by incubation with an Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated secondary antibody at 2 µg/ml. DAPI nuclear counterstain was used.
Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10 µg/ml) followed by an Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated secondary antibody (2 µg/ml).
ab14404 staining Anillinin Mouse fibroblast cellsby ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with methanol and blocked with 4% BSA for 2 hours at 4°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/25 in PBS + 1% BSA) for 2 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Donkey anti-goat polyclonal(1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab5910 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Luján P et al. PRL-3 disrupts epithelial architecture by altering the post-mitotic midbody position. J Cell Sci 129:4130-4142 (2016). PubMed: 27656108
- Zhou L et al. Anxiety and depression with neurogenesis defects in exchange protein directly activated by cAMP 2-deficient mice are ameliorated by a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, Prozac. Transl Psychiatry 6:e881 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27598965
- Stoeckelhuber M et al. Human axillary apocrine glands: proteins involved in the apocrine secretory mechanism. Histol Histopathol 26:177-84 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 21154231
- Stubbs D et al. Neurovascular congruence during cerebral cortical development. Cereb Cortex 19 Suppl 1:i32-41 (2009). PubMed: 19386634
- Bantubungi K et al. Stem cell factor and mesenchymal and neural stem cell transplantation in a rat model of Huntington's disease. Mol Cell Neurosci 37:454-70 (2008). PubMed: 18083596
- Hall PA et al. The septin-binding protein anillin is overexpressed in diverse human tumors. Clin Cancer Res 11:6780-6 (2005). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 16203764