Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Annexin-2/ANXA2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Annexin-2/ANXA2 antibody
See all Annexin-2/ANXA2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Annexin-2/ANXA2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Xenopus laevis
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line), HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line), HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line).
This product was previously labelled as Annexin A2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40943 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
FunctionCalcium-regulated membrane-binding protein whose affinity for calcium is greatly enhanced by anionic phospholipids. It binds two calcium ions with high affinity. May be involved in heat-stress response.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
DomainA pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Tyr-24 enhances heat stress-induced translocation to the cell surface.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane. Melanosome. In the lamina beneath the plasma membrane. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV. Translocated from the cytoplasm to the cell surface through a Golgi-independent mechanism.
- Information by UniProt
- Annexin A2 antibody
- Annexin II antibody
- Annexin II, heavy chain antibody
All lanes : Anti-Annexin-2/ANXA2 antibody (ab40943) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
Additional bands at: 95 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab40943 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yu Y et al. GroEL Protein (Heat Shock Protein 60) of Mycoplasma gallisepticum Induces Apoptosis in Host Cells by Interacting with Annexin A2. Infect Immun 87:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31235640
- Yasmin AR et al. Quantitative Proteomics Analysis Revealed Compromised Chicken Dendritic Cells Function at Early Stage of Very Virulent Infectious Bursal Disease Virus Infection. Avian Dis 63:275-288 (2019). PubMed: 31251527
- Ren X et al. Proteomic analysis of purified Newcastle disease virus particles. Proteome Sci 10:32 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22571704
- Kong Q et al. Proteomic analysis of purified coronavirus infectious bronchitis virus particles. Proteome Sci 8:29 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20534109