Product nameAnti-Annexin V antibody
See all Annexin V primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Annexin V
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human skin melanoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
- Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Reagent (500X) (ab14082)
- Propidium Iodide (ab14083)
- 10X Annexin V Binding Buffer (ab14084)
- Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14085)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14142)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14143)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14147)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14150)
- Annexin V-EGFP Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14153)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14154)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14155)
- Annexin V-PE-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14159)
- Annexin V-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14165)
- Annexin V-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14190)
- Annexin V Unlabeled Apoptosis Reagent (ab14193)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14196 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml. Can be blocked with Annexin V peptide (ab52111).|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20086251|
FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
Involvement in diseasePregnancy loss, recurrent, 3
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
DomainThe [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsS-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
- Anchorin CII antibody
- Annexin 5 antibody
- Annexin A5 antibody
Anti-Annexin V antibody (ab14196) + HeLa cell lysate
ab14196 staining Annexin V in mouse embryonic 15 day brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed by perfusion with paraformaldehyde, ermeablized with 0.5% Triton X-100 in PBS, blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C and antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer, pH 6. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/700) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab14196 staining cells from a mouse organ of Corti (whole mount) by ICC/IF. The tissue was PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.5% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 5% goat serum, 2% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 2 hours at 25°C. A Cy3® conjugated sheep anti-rabbit IgG antibody, diluted 1/200 was used as the secondary. Alexa Fluor 488® - Phalloidin was used to label the actin cytoskeleton and DAPI was used to label nuclei.
ab14196 staining cells from a human pancreatic cell line by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% BSA for 30 minutes at 22°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 22°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated donkey anti-rabbit antibody, diluted 1/1000, was used as the secondary.
IHC image of Annexin V staining in Human skin melanoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab14196, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
This product has been referenced in:
- Mazzocchi AR et al. In vitro patient-derived 3D mesothelioma tumor organoids facilitate patient-centric therapeutic screening. Sci Rep 8:2886 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29440675) »
- Wang X et al. Costus root granules improve ulcerative colitis through regulation of TGF-ß mediation of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 15:4477-4484 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29731832) »