Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (quantitative)
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Flow cytometer
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameAnnexin V-CF Blue 7-AAD Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit
See all Annexin V/ANXA5 kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Annexin V-CF Blue 7-AAD Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab214663) contains Annexin V labeled with CF Blue, which allows the identification and quantitation of apoptotic cells on a single-cell basis by flow cytometry. Simultaneous staining of cells with Annexin V–CF Blue (blue fluorescence) and the non-vital dye 7-aminoactinomycin D (7-AAD) (red fluorescence) allows the discrimination of intact cells (Annexin V-CF Blue negative, 7-AAD Staining Solution negative), early apoptotic (Annexin V-CF Blue positive, 7-AAD Staining Solution negative) and late apoptotic or necrotic cells (Annexin V-CF Blue positive, 7-AAD Staining Solution positive).
CF-Blue can be used as direct replacement for Pacific Blue™ or similar blue dyes.
Exposure of phosphatidylserine (PS) on the external surface of the cell membrane has been reported to occur in the early phases of apoptotic cell death, during which the cell membrane remains intact. In leukocyte apoptosis, PS on the outer surface of the cell marks the cell for recognition and phagocytosis by macrophages. The Annexin V protein has a high affinity for PS, and shows minimal binding to phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin. Changes in PS asymmetry, which can be analyzed by measuring annexin V binding to the cell membrane, are generally observed before morphological changes associated with apoptosis occurred and before membrane integrity is lost.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 10X Binding Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml 7-AAD Staining Solution in PBS (pH 7.4) 1 x 500µl Annexin V-CF Blue Conjugate ( PBS, pH 7.2) 1 x 500µl
FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
Involvement in diseasePregnancy loss, recurrent, 3
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
DomainThe [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsS-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- FCCP, mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation uncoupler (ab120081)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK, Irreversible general caspase inhibitor (ab120382)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor (ab120629)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C), AMP-kinase inhibitor (ab120843)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-FITC Apoptosis Detection Reagent (500X) (ab14082)
- Propidium Iodide (ab14083)
- 10X Annexin V/ANXA5 Binding Buffer (ab14084)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14142)
- Calcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability (ab141420)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14143)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14147)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14150)
- Annexin V-EGFP Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14153)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14154)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14155)
- Annexin V-PE-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14159)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14165)
- Annexin V- DY-634 PI Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab214484)
- Annexin V-CF Blue PI Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab214485)
ab214663 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wong N et al. K-means quantization for a web-based open-source flow cytometry analysis platform. Sci Rep 11:6735 (2021). PubMed: 33762594
- Petragnano F et al. Modulating the dose-rate differently affects the responsiveness of human epithelial prostate- and mesenchymal rhabdomyosarcoma-cancer cell line to radiation. Int J Radiat Biol 96:823-835 (2020). PubMed: 32149569
- Martin-Cofreces NB et al. The chaperonin CCT controls T cell receptor-driven 3D configuration of centrioles. Sci Adv 6:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33268369
- de Moura Escobar SJ et al. Cytotoxic effects of 4'-hydroxychalcone on human neuroblastoma cells (SH-SY5Y). Toxicol In Vitro 61:104640 (2019). PubMed: 31493544
- Valencia AM et al. Recurrent SMARCB1 Mutations Reveal a Nucleosome Acidic Patch Interaction Site That Potentiates mSWI/SNF Complex Chromatin Remodeling. Cell 179:1342-1356.e23 (2019). PubMed: 31759698