Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (quantitative)
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Flow cytometer
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameAnnexin V-CF Blue PI Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit
See all Annexin V/ANXA5 kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Annexin V-CF Blue PI Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab214485) contains Annexin V labeled with CF Blue, which allows the identification and quantitation of apoptotic cells on a single-cell basis by flow cytometry. Simultaneous staining of cells with Annexin V – CF Blue (blue fluorescence) and the non-vital dye propidium iodide (PI) (orange fluorescence) allows the discrimination of intact cells (Annexin V-CF Blue negative, PI Staining Solution negative), early apoptotic (Annexin V-CF Blue positive, PI Staining Solution negative) and late apoptotic or necrotic cells (Annexin V-CF Blue positive, PI Staining Solution positive).
CF-Blue can be used as direct replacement for Pacific Blue™ or similar blue dyes.
Apoptosis is a regulated process of cell death that occurs during embryonic development as well as maintenance of tissue homeostasis. Inappropriately regulated apoptosis is implicated in different disease states, such as neurodegeneration disease and cancer. The apoptosis program is characterized by morphologic features, including loss of plasma membrane asymmetry and attachment, condensation off the cytoplasm and nucleus, and compaction and fragmentation of the nuclear chromatin. Exposure of phosphatidylserine (PS) on the external surface of the cell membrane has been reported to occur in the early phases of apoptotic cell death, during which the cell membrane remains intact. In leukocyte apoptosis, PS on the outer surface of the cell marks the cell for recognition and phagocytosis by macrophages. The human vascular anticoagulant, annexin V, is a 35-36 kDa Ca2+ dependent phospholipid binding protein that has a high affinity for PS, and shows minimal binding to phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin. Changes in PS asymmetry, which can be analyzed by measuring annexin V binding to the cell membrane, are generally observed before morphological changes associated with apoptosis occurred and before membrane integrity is lost.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Annexin V-CF Blue Conjugate ( PBS, pH 7.2) 1 x 500µl Propidium Iodide Staining Solution (in PBS, pH 7.4) 1 x 500µl 10X Binding Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml
FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
Involvement in diseasePregnancy loss, recurrent, 3
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
DomainThe [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsS-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- FCCP, mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation uncoupler (ab120081)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK, Irreversible general caspase inhibitor (ab120382)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor (ab120629)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C), AMP-kinase inhibitor (ab120843)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-FITC Apoptosis Detection Reagent (500X) (ab14082)
- Propidium Iodide (ab14083)
- 10X Annexin V/ANXA5 Binding Buffer (ab14084)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14142)
- Calcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability (ab141420)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14143)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14147)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14150)
- Annexin V-EGFP Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14153)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14154)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14155)
- Annexin V-PE-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14159)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14165)
- Annexin V- DY-634 PI Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab214484)
- Annexin V-CF Blue 7-AAD Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab214663)
Untreated Jurakt cells were stained with Annexin V-CF Blue PI Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab214485), following assay protocol.
Jurakt cells treated with 6 μM camptothecin for four hours were stained with Annexin V-CF Blue PI Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab214485), following assay protocol. Gating showing the different populations of live, dead and apoptotic cells are shown in the figure.
ab214485 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.