Key features and details
- Assay type: Direct
- Platform: Flow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
- Assay time: 10 min
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameAnnexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit
See all Annexin V/ANXA5 kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time0h 10m
Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit ab14150 is used in a 10 min, one-step staining procedure to detect apoptosis by staining phosphatidylserine molecules which have translocated to the outside of the cell membrane.
Fluorescence can be detected at Ex/Em = 649/670 nm.
Analysis is by flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy.
The Annexin V-Cy5 reagent contained in the kit is also available as Annexin V-Cy5 reagent ab14147.
Soon after initiating apoptosis, cells translocate membrane phosphatidylserine molecules from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Phosphatidylserine on the cell surface is detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a high affinity for phosphatidylserine.
PlatformFlow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Annexin V Cy5 1 x 500µl Binding Buffer 1 x 50ml
FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
Involvement in diseasePregnancy loss, recurrent, 3
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
DomainThe [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsS-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- FCCP, mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation uncoupler (ab120081)
- Cycloheximide, Protein synthesis inhibitor (ab120093)
- SB431542, ALK inhibitor (ab120163)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK, Irreversible general caspase inhibitor (ab120382)
- Z-VAD(OMe)-FMK, Cell permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor (ab120487)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor (ab120629)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C), AMP-kinase inhibitor (ab120843)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-FITC Apoptosis Detection Reagent (500X) (ab14082)
- Propidium Iodide (ab14083)
- 10X Annexin V/ANXA5 Binding Buffer (ab14084)
- Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14085)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14142)
- Calcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability (ab141420)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14143)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14147)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14150)
- Annexin V-EGFP Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14153)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14154)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14155)
- Annexin V-PE-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14159)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14165)
ab14150 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Zou M et al. Glutathione S-transferase isozyme alpha 1 is predominantly involved in the cisplatin resistance of common types of solid cancer. Oncol Rep 41:989-998 (2019). PubMed: 30431119
- Mayorga ME et al. Role of SDF-1:CXCR4 in Impaired Post-Myocardial Infarction Cardiac Repair in Diabetes. Stem Cells Transl Med 7:115-124 (2018). Functional Studies ; Mouse . PubMed: 29119710
- Stewart SE et al. Transbilayer phospholipid movement facilitates the translocation of annexin across membranes. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29930080
- Lin Z et al. Inhibition of the CyclinD1 promoter in response to sonic hedgehog signaling pathway transduction is mediated by Gli1. Exp Ther Med 13:307-314 (2017). PubMed: 28123507
- Seyffert M et al. Novel Mutant AAV2 Rep Proteins Support AAV2 Replication without Blocking HSV-1 Helpervirus Replication. PLoS One 12:e0170908 (2017). PubMed: 28125695