Product nameAnnexin V-EGFP Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit
See all Annexin V kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time0h 10m
Annexin V-EGFP Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14153) is based on the observation that soon after initiating apoptosis, most cell types translocate the membrane phospholipid phosphatidylserine (PS) from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Once on the cell surface, PS can be easily detected by staining with an enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) fusion of annexin V, a protein that has a strong natural affinity for PS. The one-step staining procedure takes only 10 minutes. In addition, the assay can be directly performed on live cells. Detection can be analyzed by flow cytometry or by fluorescence microscopy with a FITC filter. EGFP is brighter and more photo-stable than other fluorescent reagents. The kit can differentiate apoptosis vs necrosis when performing both annexin V-EGFP and PI staining.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: FM, Flow Cytmore details
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Annexin V-EGFP 1 x 500µl Binding Buffer 1 x 50ml Propidium iodide 1 x 500µl
FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
Involvement in diseasePregnancy loss, recurrent, 3
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
DomainThe [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsS-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- FCCP (ab120081)
- Cycloheximide (ab120093)
- SB431542 (ab120163)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK (ab120382)
- Z-VAD(OMe)-FMK (ab120487)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride (ab120629)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C) (ab120843)
- Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Reagent (500X) (ab14082)
- Propidium Iodide (ab14083)
- 10X Annexin V Binding Buffer (ab14084)
- Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14085)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14142)
- Calcein AM (ab141420)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14143)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14147)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14150)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14154)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14155)
- Annexin V-PE-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14159)
- Annexin V-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14165)
- Annexin V-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14190)
- Annexin V Unlabeled Apoptosis Reagent (ab14193)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14153 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|FM||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|