Product nameAnnexin V-FITC Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit
See all Annexin V kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time0h 10m
Abcam's Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit is based on the observation that soon after initiating apoptosis, cells translocate the membrane phosphatidylserine (PS) from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Once on the cell surface, PS can be easily detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a high affinity for PS. The one-step staining procedure takes only 10 minutes. Detection can be analyzed by flow cytometry or by fluorescence microscopy. The kit can differentiate apoptosis vs necrosis when performing both Annexin V-FITC and PI staining.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: FM, Flow Cytmore details
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Annexin V-FITC 1 x 500µl Binding Buffer 1 x 50ml Propidium iodide 1 x 500µl
FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
Involvement in diseasePregnancy loss, recurrent, 3
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
DomainThe [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsS-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- FCCP (ab120081)
- Cycloheximide (ab120093)
- SB431542 (ab120163)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK (ab120382)
- Z-VAD(OMe)-FMK (ab120487)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C) (ab120843)
- Anti-Cytochrome C antibody [7H8.2C12] (ab13575)
- Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Reagent (500X) (ab14082)
- Propidium Iodide (ab14083)
- 10X Annexin V Binding Buffer (ab14084)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14142)
- Calcein AM (ab141420)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14143)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14147)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14150)
- Annexin V-EGFP Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14153)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14154)
- Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14155)
- Annexin V-PE-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14159)
- Annexin V-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14165)
- Annexin V-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14190)
- Annexin V Unlabeled Apoptosis Reagent (ab14193)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14085 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|FM||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
HeLa cells were harvested with trypsinization together with floating non-viable cells. Cells were washed with PBS and suspended in sodium citrate buffer 20 minutes prior to analysis. HeLa cells were treated with Mitoxantrone (MX) and MX +Imatinib for 48 hours. The samples were then stained with Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Staining/Detection kit (ab14085). A FACSCalibur flow cytometer was used for cell cycle analysis.
This is a modified version of the original image
PC3 cells were seeded at 106 cells/ml and incubated overnight and then treated with CTA095 at various concentrations for 24hours. Apoptosis was then analyzed using Annexin-V FITC apoptosis detection kit (ab14085).
This is a modified version of the original image
Annexin V-FITC/ PI staining of AG06173 primary fibroblasts.
105 cells were used for analysis. Resuspended cells were incubated with Annexin V-FITC for 15 min in the dark. Propidium iodide was used as a counterstain to discriminate necrotic/ dead cells from apoptotic cells. Left: negative control - AG6173 untreated cells. Right: positive control - AG6173 cells irradiated at 10 Gy.
Image courtesy of S. Khoronenkova PhD, Gray Institute for Radiation Oncology and Biology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
This product has been referenced in:
- Antoun S et al. Different TP53 mutants in p53 overexpressed epithelial ovarian carcinoma can be associated both with altered and unaltered glycolytic and apoptotic profiles. Cancer Cell Int 18:14 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29422776) »
- Ter Braake AD et al. Magnesium prevents vascular calcification in vitro by inhibition of hydroxyapatite crystal formation. Sci Rep 8:2069 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29391410) »