Key features and details
- Assay type: Direct
- Platform: Flow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
- Assay time: 10 min
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameAnnexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit
See all Annexin V/ANXA5 kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time0h 10m
Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit ab14155 is used in a 10 min, one-step staining procedure to detect apoptosis by staining phosphatidylserine molecules which have translocated to the outside of the cell membrane. Analysis is by flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy.
The Annexin V-PE reagent contained in the kit is also available as Annexin V-PE reagent ab14154.
Soon after initiating apoptosis, cells translocate membrane phosphatidylserine molecules from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Phosphatidylserine on the cell surface is detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a high affinity for phosphatidylserine.
PlatformFlow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Annexin V-PE 1 x 500µl Binding Buffer 1 x 50ml
FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
Involvement in diseasePregnancy loss, recurrent, 3
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
DomainThe [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsS-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- FCCP, mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation uncoupler (ab120081)
- Cycloheximide, Protein synthesis inhibitor (ab120093)
- SB431542, ALK inhibitor (ab120163)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK, Irreversible general caspase inhibitor (ab120382)
- Z-VAD(OMe)-FMK, Cell permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor (ab120487)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor (ab120629)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C), AMP-kinase inhibitor (ab120843)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-FITC Apoptosis Detection Reagent (500X) (ab14082)
- Propidium Iodide (ab14083)
- 10X Annexin V/ANXA5 Binding Buffer (ab14084)
- Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14085)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14142)
- Calcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability (ab141420)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14143)
- Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14147)
- Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14150)
- Annexin V-EGFP Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14153)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-PE Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14154)
- Annexin V-PE-Cy5 Apoptosis Staining / Detection Kit (ab14159)
- Annexin V/ANXA5-Biotin Apoptosis Staining / Detection Reagent (ab14165)
ab14155 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Brescia M et al. High-Capacity Adenoviral Vectors Permit Robust and Versatile Testing of DMD Gene Repair Tools and Strategies in Human Cells. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32252479
- Tao B et al. CA10 and CA11 negatively regulate neuronal activity-dependent growth of gliomas. Mol Oncol 13:1018-1032 (2019). PubMed: 30636076
- Li S et al. HOXC10 promotes proliferation and invasion and induces immunosuppressive gene expression in glioma. FEBS J 285:2278-2291 (2018). PubMed: 29676849
- Witt AE et al. Identification of a cancer stem cell-specific function for the histone deacetylases, HDAC1 and HDAC7, in breast and ovarian cancer. Oncogene 36:1707-1720 (2017). PubMed: 27694895
- Alegret JM et al. Data on the circulating levels of endothelial microparticles are elevated in patients with bicuspid aortic valve and are related to aortic dilation. Data Brief 8:666-9 (2016). PubMed: 27453924
- Afzali M et al. Non-addictive opium alkaloids selectively induce apoptosis in cancer cells compared to normal cells. Daru 23:16 (2015). PubMed: 25890335
- Lee KS et al. nc886, a non-coding RNA of anti-proliferative role, is suppressed by CpG DNA methylation in human gastric cancer. Oncotarget 5:3944-55 (2014). PubMed: 25003254
- Stolzing A et al. Glucose-induced replicative senescence in mesenchymal stem cells. Rejuvenation Res 9:31-5 (2006). PubMed: 16608393