Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP5372] to Antithrombin III/ATIII
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Antithrombin III/ATIII antibody [EP5372]
See all Antithrombin III/ATIII primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP5372] to Antithrombin III/ATIII
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
corresponding to Human Antithrombin III/ATIII aa 350-450.
- Human plasma, Human ovary cancer, Human testis and fetal lung lysates. Human liver tissue.
Previously labelled as Antithrombin III.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 4.26 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab126598 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMost important serine protease inhibitor in plasma that regulates the blood coagulation cascade. AT-III inhibits thrombin as well as factors IXa, Xa and XIa. Its inhibitory activity is greatly enhanced in the presence of heparin.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINC1 are the cause of antithrombin III deficiency (AT3D) [MIM:613118]. AT3D is an important risk factor for hereditary thrombophilia, a hemostatic disorder characterized by a tendency to recurrent thrombosis. AT3D is classified into 4 types. Type I: characterized by a 50% decrease in antigenic and functional levels. Type II: has defects affecting the thrombin-binding domain. Type III: alteration of the heparin-binding domain. Plasma AT-III antigen levels are normal in type II and III. Type IV: consists of miscellaneous group of unclassifiable mutations.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
modificationsPhosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- ANT3_HUMAN antibody
- Antithrombin antibody
- Antithrombin III antibody
All lanes : Anti-Antithrombin III/ATIII antibody [EP5372] (ab126598) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human plasma lysate
Lane 2 : Human ovary cancer lysate
Lane 3 : Human testis lysate
Lane 4 : Fetal lung lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab126598, at 1/50 dilution, staining Antithrombin III/ATIII in paraffin-embedded Human liver tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab126598 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Xu J et al. Knockdown of serpin peptidase inhibitor clade C member 1 inhibits the growth of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep 19:3658-3666 (2019). PubMed: 30896875
- Cheng SX et al. iTRAQ-Based Quantitative Proteomics Reveals the New Evidence Base for Traumatic Brain Injury Treated with Targeted Temperature Management. Neurotherapeutics 15:216-232 (2018). PubMed: 29247448
- Liu W et al. Molecular basis of coronary artery dilation and aneurysms in patients with Kawasaki disease based on differential protein expression. Mol Med Rep 17:2402-2414 (2018). PubMed: 29207079
- Gong J et al. Inhibition of FASN suppresses migration, invasion and growth in hepatoma carcinoma cells by deregulating the HIF-1a/IGFBP1 pathway. Int J Oncol 50:883-892 (2017). PubMed: 28197637
- Gillrie MR et al. Thrombin Cleavage of Plasmodium falciparum Erythrocyte Membrane Protein 1 Inhibits Cytoadherence. MBio 7:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27624125
- Wilson GJ et al. GCN2 is required to increase fibroblast growth factor 21 and maintain hepatic triglyceride homeostasis during asparaginase treatment. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 308:E283-93 (2015). PubMed: 25491724