Product nameAnti-AP-A antibody
See all AP-A primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to AP-A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog, Pig
- Human testis lysate. Human kidney tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36122 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 3 - 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 109 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product. The observed molecular weight corresponds to earlier findings in literature, Ando et al. PMID 11994381.
FunctionAppears to have a role in the catabolic pathway of the renin-angiotensin system. Probably plays a role in regulating growth and differentiation of early B-lineage cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed by epithelial cells of the proximal tubule cells and the glomerulus of the nephron. Also found in a variety of other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M1 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Aminopeptidase A antibody
- AMPE_HUMAN antibody
- AP-A antibody
Anti-AP-A antibody (ab36122) at 1 µg/ml + Human Testis Lysate at 30 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 109 kDa
Observed band size: 170 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubated for 1 hour.
ab36122 at 3.8µg/ml staining AP-A in human kidney tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 was performed, AP-staining. Image shows staining of basement membrane and the mesangium in the glomerulus.
ab36122 staining AP-A in rat kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate. Samples were then blocked using 20% serum for 1 hour at 25°C and then incubated with ab36122 at 3µg/ml for 1 hour. The secondary used was an undiluted HRP conjugated polyclonal.
ab36122 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Han WQ et al. Membrane rafts-redox signalling pathway contributes to renal fibrosis via modulation of the renal tubular epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Physiol 596:3603-3616 (2018). PubMed: 29863758
- Nakamura T et al. Excess of Aminopeptidase A in the Brain Elevates Blood Pressure via the Angiotensin II Type 1 and Bradykinin B2 Receptors without Dipsogenic Effect. Int J Hypertens 2017:3967595 (2017). PubMed: 28421141
- Dvash E et al. Leukotriene C4 is the major trigger of stress-induced oxidative DNA damage. Nat Commun 6:10112 (2015). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 26656251
- Härdtner C et al. High glucose activates the alternative ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas and APN/Ang IV/IRAP RAS axes in pancreatic ß-cells. Int J Mol Med 32:795-804 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 23942780
- Velez JC et al. Angiotensin I is largely converted to angiotensin (1-7) and angiotensin (2-10) by isolated rat glomeruli. Hypertension 53:790-7 (2009). PubMed: 19289651
- Velez JC et al. Characterization of renin-angiotensin system enzyme activities in cultured mouse podocytes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F398-407 (2007). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 17429035