Product nameAP Stability Conjugate Reagent
See all ELISA buffer reagents
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-Fr or IHC-P
Abcam’s AP Stability Conjugate Reagent (ab171536) was developed specifically for Alkaline Phosphatase (AP) conjugates in solution. ab171536 prevents the loss of catalytic activity and maintains stability of proteins in solution. It allows conjugate storage at use concentration, resulting in stable conjugates that require no dilution. It is also an excellent diluent, and often decreases background and increases signal for improved signal-to-noise ratios.
Recommendations for Use of ab171536 AP Stability Conjugate Reagent
- For optimal stability and performance, use ab171536 at 100% concentration
- Dilute your AP conjugate to optimum working concentration in the AP Stability Conjugate Reagent solution
- Use diluted conjugate working solution in your assay as normal
- Or, preferably, store away from direct light at room temperature and use as a stock solution for optimum assay-to-assay consistency
- For added stability, add 10% glycerol to the AP conjugate / AP Stability Conjugate Reagent solution
Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% 5-Bromo-5-nitro-1,3-dioxane
Constituents: MES, 99% Proprietary component, 0.02% 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one
pH 5.5 - 6.5. Contains BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab171536 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
AP Stability Conjugate Reagent (ab171536) efficacy was verified by real-time stability studies that included independent testing of the enzyme activity and the immunological activity by ELISA.
The studies were conducted using a monoclonal IgG-AP conjugate. Results of these analyses indicate superior performance of ab171536 compared to a common AP conjugate diluent. The monoclonal IgG-AP conjugate retained over 70% of its activity when stored in AP Stability Conjugate Reagent for 24 months at room temperature.
ab171536 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.