Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to APAF1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-APAF1 antibody
See all APAF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to APAF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Human heart tissue lysate IF/ICC: HEK293 cell line
General notesApoptosis Protease Activating Factor
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2000 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 130 kDa.|
FunctionOligomeric Apaf-1 mediates the cytochrome c-dependent autocatalytic activation of pro-caspase-9 (Apaf-3), leading to the activation of caspase-3 and apoptosis. This activation requires ATP. Isoform 6 is less effective in inducing apoptosis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest levels of expression in adult spleen and peripheral blood leukocytes, and in fetal brain, kidney and lung. Isoform 1 is expressed in heart, kidney and liver.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CARD domain.
Contains 1 NB-ARC domain.
Contains 13 WD repeats.
DomainThe CARD domain mediates interaction with APIP.
- Information by UniProt
- APAF 1 antibody
- Apaf-1 antibody
- APAF_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-APAF1 antibody (ab2000) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human heart tissue lysate with absence of blocking peptide
Lane 2 : Human heart tissue lysate with presence of blocking peptide
Predicted band size: 130 kDa
Observed band size: 130 kDa
Immunohistochemistry of Apaf1 in human skin tissue with Apaf1 antibody at 20 µg/ml.
ab2000 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang X et al. The effects of umbilical cord-derived macrophage exosomes loaded with cisplatin on the growth and drug resistance of ovarian cancer cells. Drug Dev Ind Pharm N/A:1-13 (2020). PubMed: 32482115
- Pan Z et al. Cinobufagin Induces Cell Cycle Arrest at the G2/M Phase and Promotes Apoptosis in Malignant Melanoma Cells. Front Oncol 9:853 (2019). PubMed: 31552178
- Wang SQ et al. Knockdown of IGF-1R Triggers Viral RNA Sensor MDA5- and RIG-I-Mediated Mitochondrial Apoptosis in Colonic Cancer Cells. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 16:105-117 (2019). PubMed: 30861413
- Liu Y et al. Breviscapine ameliorates CCl4-induced liver injury in mice through inhibiting inflammatory apoptotic response and ROS generation. Int J Mol Med 42:755-768 (2018). PubMed: 29717768
- Gulic T et al. Granulysin-mediated apoptosis of trophoblasts in blighted ovum and missed abortion. Am J Reprod Immunol 80:e12978 (2018). PubMed: 29774968
- Hathaway QA et al. Maternal-engineered nanomaterial exposure disrupts progeny cardiac function and bioenergetics. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 312:H446-H458 (2017). PubMed: 28011589
- Nichols CE et al. Cardiac and mitochondrial dysfunction following acute pulmonary exposure to mountaintop removal mining particulate matter. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 309:H2017-30 (2015). PubMed: 26497962