Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- APC Rabbit monoclonal [EPR21769] to CD8 alpha
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: APC. Ex: 645nm, Em: 660nm
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAPC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [EPR21769]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionAPC Rabbit monoclonal [EPR21769] to CD8 alpha
ConjugationAPC. Ex: 645nm, Em: 660nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant fragment within Mouse CD8 alpha aa 1-200. The exact immunogen sequence used to generate this antibody is proprietary information. If additional detail on the immunogen is needed to determine the suitability of the antibody for your needs, please contact our Scientific Support team to discuss your requirements.
Database link: P01731
- Flow cyt: C57/BL6 Splenocytes
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [EPR21769] (ab217344)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [EPR21769] - BSA and Azide free (ab230156)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [EPR21769] (ab237364)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [EPR21769] (ab237365)
- FITC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [EPR21769] (ab237367)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [EPR21769] (ab277939)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [EPR21769] (ab280863)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab237368 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
C57BL/6 mouse splenocytes stained with ab237368 (right) or Rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Allophycocyanin (ab232814) (left). C57BL/6 Mouse splenocytes were incubated for 30 min on ice in 1x PBS containing 10 μg/ml anti-CD16/32 antibody and 10% normal goat serum to block FC receptors and non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab237368) or Rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Allophycocyanin (ab232814) (1x 106 in 100 μl at 1 μg/ml (1/500)) for 30 min on ice. The cells were simultaneously stained with CD4 PerCP conjugated antibody. Acquisition of >30,000 events were collected using a 40 mW Red laser (640 nm) and 660/20 bandpass filter. Events were gated on viable CD19 and CD3 negative lymphocytes.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab237368 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Chen Z et al. Formosanin C promotes the curative efficacy of ultrasound-guided radiofrequency ablation in a mouse model of breast cancer. Oncol Lett 22:550 (2021). PubMed: 34093771