Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Apc4
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Apc4 antibody
See all Apc4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Apc4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Dog, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 758 and 808 of human Apc4 (NP_037499.2).
- HeLa, 293T and NIH3T3 whole cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72149 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 92 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 92 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionComponent of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C), a cell cycle-regulated E3 ubiquitin ligase that controls progression through mitosis and the G1 phase of the cell cycle. The APC/C complex acts by mediating ubiquitination and subsequent degradation of target proteins: it mainly mediates the formation of 'Lys-11'-linked polyubiquitin chains and, to a lower extent, the formation of 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitin chains.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the APC4 family.
- Information by UniProt
- ANAPC 4 antibody
- anapc4 antibody
- Anaphase Promoting Complex Subunit 4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Apc4 antibody (ab72149) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 92 kDa
Observed band size: 92 kDa
Additional bands at: 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Detection of Human Apc4 by Immunoprecipitation in Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), using ab72149 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP and at 1 µg/ml for subsequent Western blot detection.
ab72149 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhang S et al. Cyclin A2 degradation during the spindle assembly checkpoint requires multiple binding modes to the APC/C. Nat Commun 10:3863 (2019). PubMed: 31455778
- Masuda K et al. LATS1 and LATS2 phosphorylate CDC26 to modulate assembly of the tetratricopeptide repeat subcomplex of APC/C. PLoS One 10:e0118662 (2015). PubMed: 25723520
- Ma HT & Poon RY Orderly Inactivation of the Key Checkpoint Protein Mitotic Arrest Deficient 2 (MAD2) during Mitotic Progression. J Biol Chem 286:13052-9 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21335556
- Mo M et al. Cell cycle deregulation by a poxvirus partial mimic of anaphase-promoting complex subunit 11. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19527-32 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19887645