Product nameAPC/Cy7® Conjugation Kit - Lightning-Link®
APC/Cy7® Conjugation Kit / APC/Cy7® Labeling Kit ab102859 uses a simple and quick process for APC/Cy7 labeling / conjugation of antibodies. It can also be used to conjugate other proteins or peptides. Learn about our antibody labeling kits and their advantages.
To conjugate an antibody to APC/Cy7® using this kit:
- add modifier to antibody and incubate for 3 hrs
- add quencher and incubate for 30 mins
The APC/Cy7® conjugated antibody can be used immediately in WB, ELISA, IHC etc. No further purification is required and 100% of the antibody is recovered for use.
Learn about buffer compatibility below; for incompatible buffers and low antibody concentrations, use our rapid antibody purification and concentration kits. Use the FAQ to learn more about the technology, or about conjugating other proteins and peptides to APC/Cy7®.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Lightning-Link® APC/Cy7 Labeling Kit. 765-0015 is the same as the 1 mg size. 765-0010 is the same as the 3 x 100 ug size. 765-0030 is the same as the 3 x 10 ug size. 765-0005 is the same as the 100 µg size.
Amount and volume of antibody for conjugation to APC/Cy7®.
Kit size Recommended maximum
amount of antibody
3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µL 100 µg 100 µg 100 µL 3 x 100 µg 3 x 100 µg 3 x 100 µL 1 mg 1 mg 1 mL
1 Ideal antibody concentration is 1mg/ml. 0.5 - 1 mg/ml can be used if the maximum antibody volume is not exceeded. Antibodies > 5mg/ml or < 0.5 mg/ml should be diluted /concentrated.
Buffer Requirements for Conjugation
Buffer should be pH 6.5-8.5.
Compatible buffer constituents
If a concentration is shown, then the constituent should be no more than the concentration shown. If several constituents are close to the limit of acceptable concentration, then this can inhibit conjugation.
50mM / 0.6% Tris1 0.1% BSA 50% glycerol 0.1% sodium azide3 PBS Potassium phosphate Sodium chloride HEPES Sucrose Sodium citrate EDTA Trehalose
1 Tris buffered saline is almost always ≤ 50 mM / 0.6%
Incompatible buffer constituents
Thiomerosal Proclin Glycine Arginine Glutathione DTT
Only purified antibodies are suitable for use, ie. where other proteins, peptides, or amino acids are not present: antibodies in ascites fluid, serum or hybridoma culture media are incompatible.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Conjugationmore details
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 mg 100 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 100 µg 30 µg 300 µg APC-Cy7 Mix 1 x 1mg 1 x 100µg 3 x 10µg 3 x 100µg 3 x 10µg 3 x 100µg Modifier reagent 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial Quencher reagent 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102859 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Conjugation||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
Oliveira BM et al. used ab102903 PE-Cy7® conjugation kit with a mouse anti-bovine CD45RO antibody and ab102859 APC-Cy7® conjugation kit with a mouse anti-Bovine CD62L antibody. This enabled them to run their desired multicolor flow cytometry panel.
Data shows flow cytometry gating strategy used to define γδ T cells (TCRγδ+CD3+CD335−), CD4+ T cells (CD4+CD3+TCRγδ−CD335−), CD8+ T cells (CD8+CD3+TCRγδ−CD335−) and NK cells (CD335+CD3−) in the stromal vascular fraction (SVF) of mesenteric and subcutaneous bovine adipose tissue (MAT and SAT, respectively) and in peripheral blood leukocytes. Dead cells were excluded with Fixable Viability Dye (FVD), lymphocytes were gated based on SSC-A versus FSC-A and singlets were selected from the FSC-A versus FSC-H dot plot.
The flow cytometry gating strategy used to define CD45RO+ and CD62L+ T cell subpopulations is also shown in CD8+ T cells.
This illustration demonstrates a general procedure and will slightly vary dependent on the conjugate used.
ab102859 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Oliveira BM et al. T cells in mesenteric and subcutaneous adipose tissue of Holstein-Friesian cows. Sci Rep 9:3413 (2019). PubMed: 30833655
- Correa R et al. Extracellular vesicles carrying lactate dehydrogenase induce suicide in increased population density of Plasmodium falciparum in vitro. Sci Rep 9:5042 (2019). PubMed: 30911042
- Henrik Heiland D et al. Tumor-associated reactive astrocytes aid the evolution of immunosuppressive environment in glioblastoma. Nat Commun 10:2541 (2019). PubMed: 31186414
- Kopanke JH et al. Effects of Low-level Brodifacoum Exposure on the Feline Immune Response. Sci Rep 8:8168 (2018). PubMed: 29802369
- Miller C et al. FIV vaccine with receptor epitopes results in neutralizing antibodies but does not confer resistance to challenge. NPJ Vaccines 3:16 (2018). PubMed: 29736270
- Simon L et al. Chronic binge alcohol consumption alters myogenic gene expression and reduces in vitro myogenic differentiation potential of myoblasts from rhesus macaques. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 306:R837-44 (2014). PubMed: 24671243