Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Apelin
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Apelin antibody
See all Apelin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Apelin
SpecificityThis antibody reacts specifically with 8,5 kDa of human APLN protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Apelin (C terminal).
Database link: Q9ULZ1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59469 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionEndogenous ligand for APJ, an alternative coreceptor with CD4 for HIV-1 infection. Inhibits HIV-1 entry in cells coexpressing CD4 and APJ. Apelin-36 has a greater inhibitory activity on HIV infection than other synthetic apelin derivatives. The oral intake in the colostrum and the milk could have a role in the modulation of the immune responses in neonates. May also have a role in the central control of body fluid homeostasis by influencing AVP release and drinking behavior.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain with highest levels in the frontal cortex, thalamus, hypothalamus and midbrain. Secreted by the mammary gland into the colostrum and the milk.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the apelin family.
modificationsSeveral active peptides may be produced by proteolytic processing of the peptide precursor.
- Information by UniProt
- AGTRL1 ligand antibody
- APEL antibody
- APEL_HUMAN antibody
ab59469 (1:500) staining Apelin in human placenta using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of cytoplasmic/secreted regions of cells in the basal uterine glands.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab59469 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Xu C et al. ELABELA antagonizes intrarenal renin-angiotensin system to lower blood pressure and protects against renal injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 318:F1122-F1135 (2020). PubMed: 32174138
- Yang L et al. High Apelin Level Indicates a Poor Prognostic Factor in Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer. Dis Markers 2019:4586405 (2019). PubMed: 30984306
- Unal I et al. Tumor apelin immunoreactivity is correlated with body mass index in ovarian high grade serous carcinoma. Biotech Histochem N/A:1-10 (2019). PubMed: 31264472
- Zhou Y et al. MicroRNA-195 suppresses the progression of lung adenocarcinoma by directly targeting apelin. Thorac Cancer 10:1419-1430 (2019). PubMed: 31070305
- Li Y et al. Apelin-13 Is an Early Promoter of Cytoskeleton and Tight Junction in Diabetic Macular Edema via PI-3K/Akt and MAPK/Erk Signaling Pathways. Biomed Res Int 2018:3242574 (2018). PubMed: 29850504