Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8F12C6B8] to Apo-M
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Apo-M antibody [8F12C6B8]
See all Apo-M primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8F12C6B8] to Apo-M
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Apo-M.
- ICC/IF: L-02 cells; COS-7 cells WB: Human serum
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66379 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/1000.|
FunctionProbably involved in lipid transport. Can bind sphingosine-1-phosphate, myristic acid, palmitic acid and stearic acid, retinol, all-trans-retinoic acid and 9-cis-retinoic acid.
Tissue specificityPlasma protein. Expressed in liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family. Highly divergent.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Present in high density lipoprotein (HDL) and to a lesser extent in triglyceride-rich lipoproteins (TGRLP) and low density lipoproteins.
- Information by UniProt
- Apo M antibody
- Apo-M antibody
- Apolipoprotein M antibody
All lanes : Anti-Apo-M antibody [8F12C6B8] (ab66379) at 1/500 dilution
All lanes : human serum
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Immunofluorescnece analysis of COS-7 cells using ab66739 at a dilution of 1/200 - 1/1000, showing cytomembrane localization.
Immunofluorescnece analysis of L-02 cells using ab66739 at a dilution of 1/200 - 1/1000, showing cytomembrane localization.
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab66379 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab66379, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab66379 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Yang L et al. Expression of apolipoprotein M and its association with adiponectin in an obese mouse model. Exp Ther Med 18:1685-1692 (2019). PubMed: 31410126
- Yang L et al. Niacin regulates apolipoprotein M expression via liver X receptor-a. Mol Med Rep 20:3285-3291 (2019). PubMed: 31432166
- Liu M et al. Hepatic apolipoprotein M (apoM) overexpression stimulates formation of larger apoM/sphingosine 1-phosphate-enriched plasma high density lipoprotein. J Biol Chem 289:2801-14 (2014). WB ; Mouse, Human . PubMed: 24318881