Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2904] to Apo-M
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Apo-M antibody [EPR2904]
See all Apo-M primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2904] to Apo-M
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Apo-M aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Human, rat, and mouse plasma lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91656 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.
For unpurified use at 1/2000 - 1/10000.
FunctionProbably involved in lipid transport. Can bind sphingosine-1-phosphate, myristic acid, palmitic acid and stearic acid, retinol, all-trans-retinoic acid and 9-cis-retinoic acid.
Tissue specificityPlasma protein. Expressed in liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family. Highly divergent.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Present in high density lipoprotein (HDL) and to a lesser extent in triglyceride-rich lipoproteins (TGRLP) and low density lipoproteins.
- Information by UniProt
- Apo M antibody
- Apo-M antibody
- Apolipoprotein M antibody
All lanes : Anti-Apo-M antibody [EPR2904] (ab91656) at 1/2000 dilution (purified)
Lane 1 : Human plasma lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse plasma lysate
Lane 3 : Rat plasma lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP) with minimal cross-reactivity with human IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 18,23 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The molecular weights observed are consistent with what have been described in the literature (PMID: 15102887, 16682745, 10531326)
ab91656 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Burg N et al. Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Receptor 1 Signaling Maintains Endothelial Cell Barrier Function and Protects Against Immune Complex-Induced Vascular Injury. Arthritis Rheumatol 70:1879-1889 (2018). PubMed: 29781582
- Bosteen MH et al. Protein unfolding allows use of commercial antibodies in an apolipoprotein M sandwich ELISA. J Lipid Res 56:754-9 (2015). PubMed: 25561460