Product nameAnti-Apolipoprotein CIII antibody (HRP)
See all Apolipoprotein CIII primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Apolipoprotein CIII (HRP)
SpecificitySpecifically binds to human Apolipoprotein CIII.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native APO CIII protein (purified) (Human)
The antibody can be used for detection of human apo CIII in plasma, immunoassays and immunoblots.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 0.134% PBS, 0.58% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesHuman Apolipoprotein CIII-SepharoseTM affinity column.
Primary antibody notesThe antibody can be used for detection of human apo CIII in plasma, immunoassays and immunoblots.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27624 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/1500 - 1/6000.|
|WB||1/1500 - 1/6000. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.
The antibody can be used to detect human Apolipoprotein CI in plasma, immunoassays and immunoblots.
FunctionInhibits lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase and decreases the uptake of lymph chylomicrons by hepatic cells. This suggests that it delays the catabolism of triglyceride-rich particles.
Tissue specificityConstitutes 50% of the protein fraction of VLDL and 2% of that of HDL. Synthesized predominantly in liver and to a lesser degree in intestine.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in APOC3 may be a cause of hyperalphalipoproteinemia (HYPALIP) [MIM:143470]. Affected individuals show high levels of alpha-lipoprotein (high density lipoprotein/HDL).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the apolipoprotein C3 family.
modificationsO-linked glycan consists of Gal-GalNAc disaccharide, further modified with up to 3 sialic acid residues. O-glycosylated on Thr-94 with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
- Information by UniProt
- APOC3 antibody
- APO C3 antibody
- Apo CIII antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Mak AC et al. Effects of the absence of apolipoprotein e on lipoproteins, neurocognitive function, and retinal function. JAMA Neurol 71:1228-36 (2014). Read more (PubMed: 25111166) »
- Park KH et al. Senescence-related truncation and multimerization of apolipoprotein A-I in high-density lipoprotein with an elevated level of advanced glycated end products and cholesteryl ester transfer activity. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:600-10 (2010). Sandwich ELISA . Read more (PubMed: 20421239) »