Product nameApoptosis Inducer Kit (Ready-to-use)
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Apoptosis Inducer Kit (ab102480) contains 5 ready-to-use chemical reagents that induce apoptosis through different mechanisms. Actinomycin D, an antineoplastic antibiotic, inhibits RNA synthesis. Camptothecin, an inhibitor of nuclear topoisomerase, induces apoptosis in many types of cells. Cycloheximide, an active antibiotic against many yeast and fungi, inhibits protein synthesis. Dexamethasone, an active and highly stable glucocorticoid, probably induces apoptosis by binding and activating the intracellular glucocorticoid receptor. Etoposide, a derivative of podophyllotoxin, inhibits topoisomerase activity.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 5 tests Actinomycin D 10mM Violet 1 x 50µl Camptothecin 2mM Red 1 x 1ml Cycloheximide 100mM Green 1 x 1ml Dexamethasone 10mM Blue 1 x 1ml Etoposide 100mM Yellow 1 x 100µl
RelevanceApoptosis Inducers are chemical reagents that induce apoptosis through various mechanisms.
- FCCP, mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation uncoupler (ab120081)
- Cycloheximide, Protein synthesis inhibitor (ab120093)
- SB431542, ALK inhibitor (ab120163)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK, Irreversible general caspase inhibitor (ab120382)
- Z-VAD(OMe)-FMK, Cell permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor (ab120487)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor (ab120629)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C), AMP-kinase inhibitor (ab120843)
- Calcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability (ab141420)
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab102480 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Rinne P et al. Palmitoylethanolamide Promotes a Proresolving Macrophage Phenotype and Attenuates Atherosclerotic Plaque Formation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 38:2562-2575 (2018). PubMed: 30354245
- Kim OH et al. Impaired phagocytosis of apoptotic cells causes accumulation of bone marrow-derived macrophages in aged mice. BMB Rep 50:43-48 (2017). Functional Studies . PubMed: 27866511
- Wang H et al. The metabolic function of cyclin D3-CDK6 kinase in cancer cell survival. Nature 546:426-430 (2017). PubMed: 28607489