Product nameApoptosis/ Necrosis Assay Kit (blue, red, green)
See all Apoptosis/ Necrosis kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time1h 00m
Apoptosis/ Necrosis Assay Kit (blue, red, green) (ab176750) is designed to simultaneously monitor apoptotic, necrotic and healthy cells.
The PS sensor used in this kit has red fluorescence (Ex/Em = 630/660 nm) upon binding to membrane PS.
Necrosis has been characterized as passive, accidental cell death resulting from environmental perturbations with uncontrolled release of inflammatory cellular contents.
Loss of plasma membrane integrity, as demonstrated by the ability of the membrane-impermeable DNA Nuclear Green DCS1 dye (Ex/Em = 490/525 nm) to label the nucleus, represents a straightforward approach to demonstrate late stage apoptosis and necrosis.
This apoptosis / necrosis assay also provides a live cell cytoplasm labeling dye CytoCalcein Violet 450 (Ex/Em = 405/450 nm) to label live cell cytoplasm.
This kit is optimized to simultaneously detect cell apoptosis (Red), necrosis (green and/or red) and healthy cells (blue) with a flow cytometer or fluorescence microscope.
This product was previously called Apoptosis/ Necrosis Detection Kit.
Other apoptosis assays
For more apoptosis assays, review the apoptosis assay and apoptosis marker guide.
PlatformFlow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Apopxin Deep Red Indicator 1 x 200µl Assay Buffer 1 x 50ml CytoCalcein Violet 450 1 vial Nuclear Green DCS1 Dye 1 x 100µl
The fluorescence image shows cells that are live (blue, stained by CytoCalcein Violet 450), apoptotic (red, stained by Apopxin Deep Red Indicator), and necrotic (green, indicated by Nuclear Green DCS1staining) in Jurkat cells induced by 1μM staurosporine for 3 hours. The fluorescence images of the cells were taken with a fluorescence microscope through the Violet, Cy5 and FITC channel respectively. Individual images taken from each channel from the same cell population were merged as shown above. A: Non-induced control cells; B: Triple staining of staurosporine-induced cells.
ab176750 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Choi Y et al. Enhanced production of reactive oxygen species in HeLa cells under concurrent low-dose carboplatin and Photofrin® photodynamic therapy. Oncol Rep 40:339-345 (2018). PubMed: 29749554
- Abusara Z et al. Menisci protect chondrocytes from load-induced injury. Sci Rep 8:14150 (2018). PubMed: 30237492
- Myers VD et al. Haplo-insufficiency of Bcl2-associated athanogene 3 in mice results in progressive left ventricular dysfunction, ß-adrenergic insensitivity, and increased apoptosis. J Cell Physiol 233:6319-6326 (2018). PubMed: 29323723
- Na M et al. Both anti-TNF and CTLA4 Ig treatments attenuate the disease severity of staphylococcal dermatitis in mice. PLoS One 12:e0173492 (2017). Functional Studies . PubMed: 28264025
- Nollet M et al. A novel anti-CD146 antibody specifically targets cancer cells by internalizing the molecule. Oncotarget 8:112283-112296 (2017). PubMed: 29348825