Product nameApoptotic DNA Ladder Isolation Kit
See all DNA fragmentation kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Apoptotic DNA Ladder Isolation Kit (ab65627) provides an easy and sensitive solution for detecting DNA fragmentation in apoptotic cells and tissues. The new procedure selectively extracts DNA ladders without interference of intact genomic DNA in only 2-4 hours. As little as 5% of apoptotic cells in a sample can be visualized with this high sensitivity assay.
For more apoptosis assays, review the apoptosis assay and apoptosis marker guide.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 50 tests Ammonium Acetate Solution Yellow 1 x 250µl DNA Ladder Extraction Buffer WM 1 x 12.5ml DNA Suspension Buffer Green 1 x 2ml Enzyme A Solution Blue 1 x 250µl Enzyme B (Lyophilized) Red 1 vial
RelevanceInternucleosomal DNA fragmentation is a hallmark of apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- FCCP, mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation uncoupler (ab120081)
- Cycloheximide, Protein synthesis inhibitor (ab120093)
- SB431542, ALK inhibitor (ab120163)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK, Irreversible general caspase inhibitor (ab120382)
- Z-VAD(OMe)-FMK, Cell permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor (ab120487)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor (ab120629)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C), AMP-kinase inhibitor (ab120843)
- Calcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability (ab141420)
Apoptosis induced in Jurkat cells (1e6 cell x mL-1) by incubation for 24 hours with 1) Control medium; 2) 2 uM Camptothecin (ab120115); 3) 10 uM Camptothecin; 4) 10 uM Camptothecin + 20 nM caspase inhibitor Z-VAD(OMe)-FMK (zVAD; ab120487); 5) 50 ng x mL-1 anti-Fas Ab (MBL), 6) 0.05 mM H2O2 (Sigma); 7) 1 mM H2O2. 5 uL of DNA preparation loaded into each well.
DNA ladders were extracted from 2 x 106 Jurkat cells were treated with 2 μM Camptothecin. The kit extracts laddered DNA only but not intact genomic DNA; therefore, more cells can be extracted and load on the agarose gel. Lane 1: 1 kb DNA ladder; Lane 2: 6 hour induction; Lane 3: 12 hour induction.
ab65627 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Mochizuki S et al. Effect of ADAM28 on carcinoma cell metastasis by cleavage of von Willebrand factor. J Natl Cancer Inst 104:906-22 (2012). Mouse . PubMed: 22636800