Product nameAprotinin, serine protease inhibitor
DescriptionCompetitive, reversible serine protease inhibitor.
- Pancreatic Trypsin Inhibitor
- Trypsin inhibitor (basic)
Competitive serine protease inhibitor. Reversibly binds to and blocks the enzymatic active site. Inhibits a range of serine proteases including trypsin, chymotrypsin, kallikrein and plasmin. Widely used as a protein purification tool to prevent proteases present in tissue samples from degrading the protein of interest.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Levy JH & Sypniewski E Aprotinin: a pharmacologic overview. Orthopedics 27:s653-8 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 15239552) »
- Venturini G et al. Aprotinin, the first competitive protein inhibitor of NOS activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 249:263-5 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9705869) »
- Fritz H & Wunderer G Biochemistry and applications of aprotinin, the kallikrein inhibitor from bovine organs. Arzneimittelforschung 33:479-94 (1983). Read more (PubMed: 6191764) »