Key features and details
- Mouse polyclonal to APRT
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-APRT antibody
See all APRT primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to APRT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
APRT (NP_000476.1, 1 a.a. ~ 180 a.a) full-length human protein.
- Human liver lysate. APRT transfected 293T cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 2.68% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72782 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 19 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa).|
FunctionCatalyzes a salvage reaction resulting in the formation of AMP, that is energically less costly than de novo synthesis.
PathwayPurine metabolism; AMP biosynthesis via salvage pathway; AMP from adenine: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in APRT are the cause of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency (APRTD) [MIM:102600]; also known as 2,8-dihydroxyadenine urolithiasis. An enzymatic deficiency that can lead to urolithiasis and renal failure. Patients have 2,8-dihydroxyadenine (DHA) urinary stones.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the purine/pyrimidine phosphoribosyltransferase family.
- Information by UniProt
- Adenine phosphoribosyltransferase antibody
- AMP antibody
- AMP diphosphorylase antibody
Anti-APRT antibody (ab72782) at 1/500 dilution + human liver lysate at 25 µg
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP Conjugate at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
Observed band size: 19 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
All lanes : Anti-APRT antibody (ab72782) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : APRT transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP Conjugate at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab72782 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Naesens L et al. Role of human hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyltransferase in activation of the antiviral agent T-705 (favipiravir). Mol Pharmacol 84:615-29 (2013). PubMed: 23907213
- Kim JS et al. Chloride intracellular channel 1 identified using proteomic analysis plays an important role in the radiosensitivity of HEp-2 cells via reactive oxygen species production. Proteomics 10:2589-2604 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20461716