Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 2 antibody
See all Aquaporin 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 2
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total Aquaporin 2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Aquaporin 2. Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Aquaporin 2 around the phosphorylation site of serine 256
Database link: P41181
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62628 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/500 - 1/1000.
1/500 - 1/1000.
FunctionForms a water-specific channel that provides the plasma membranes of renal collecting duct with high permeability to water, thereby permitting water to move in the direction of an osmotic gradient.
Tissue specificityExpressed in renal collecting tubules.
Involvement in diseaseDiabetes insipidus, nephrogenic, autosomal
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
modificationsSer-256 phosphorylation is necessary and sufficient for expression at the apical membrane. Endocytosis is not phosphorylation-dependent.
Cellular localizationApical cell membrane. Basolateral cell membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle membrane. Golgi apparatus, trans-Golgi network membrane. Shuttles from vesicles to the apical membrane. Vasopressin-regulated phosphorylation is required for translocation to the apical cell membrane. PLEKHA8/FAPP2 is required to transport AQP2 from the TGN to sites where AQP2 is phosphorylated.
- Information by UniProt
- ADH water channel antibody
- AQP 2 antibody
- AQP CD antibody
ab62628 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Shen X et al. Transparenchymal Renal Pelvis Injection of Recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus Serotype 9 Vectors Is a Practical Approach for Gene Delivery in the Kidney. Hum Gene Ther Methods 29:251-258 (2018). PubMed: 30458119
- Wan S et al. Estrogen nuclear receptors affect cell migration by altering sublocalization of AQP2 in glioma cell lines. Cell Death Discov 4:49 (2018). PubMed: 30345080
- Landegren N et al. Autoantibodies Targeting a Collecting Duct-Specific Water Channel in Tubulointerstitial Nephritis. J Am Soc Nephrol 27:3220-3228 (2016). PubMed: 26984885
- Kang HM et al. Sox9-Positive Progenitor Cells Play a Key Role in Renal Tubule Epithelial Regeneration in Mice. Cell Rep 14:861-871 (2016). PubMed: 26776520
- Steele SL et al. Telomerase immortalization of principal cells from mouse collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F1507-14 (2010). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20926633