Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 4
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-FrFl, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 4 antibody
See all Aquaporin 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 4
Specificityab46182 is not suitable for staining Aquaporin 4 in IHC using paraffin embedded sections but some customers have successfully used the antibody in frozen sections (see submitted Abreviews). Please contact Scientific Support if you need further help.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-FrFl, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Chicken, Cow
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Aquaporin 4 aa 50-150 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Tissue Lysates: Brain (Human), Heart (Human) and Brain (Rat).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46182 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Aquaporin 4 peptide (ab46181). Abcam recommends using milk as the blocking agent.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FrFl||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionForms a water-specific channel. Osmoreceptor which regulates body water balance and mediates water flow within the central nervous system.
Tissue specificityBrain - muscle >> heart, kidney, lung, and trachea.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC at Ser-180 reduces conductance by 50%. Phosphorylation by PKG at Ser-111 in response to glutamats increases conductance by 40%.
- Information by UniProt
- AQP 4 antibody
- AQP-4 antibody
- AQP4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Aquaporin 4 antibody (ab46182) at 1 µg/ml (blocked with 3% milk)
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 35 kDa
Observed band size: 48 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 22 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 12 minutes
ab46182 staining Aquaporin 4 in mouse RAW 264.7 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 20 minutes at 24°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunocytocchemical analysis of 33B cells originating from Rat nervous tissue oligodendroglioma, labelling AQP4 with ab46182 diluted 1/100. Cells were PFA fixed. Hematoxyling used to counterstained. Negative control given were ab46182 was not included.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Pig brain tissue labelling Aquaporin 4 with ab46182 at 1/100. Tissue fixed by perfussion, antigen retrieval performed by microwaving in citric acid buffer. DAB staining.
ab46182 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Shan W et al. Long noncoding RNA TUG1 contributes to cerebral ischaemia/reperfusion injury by sponging mir-145 to up-regulate AQP4 expression. J Cell Mol Med 24:250-259 (2020). PubMed: 31709761
- Ahmad AE et al. Aquaporin expression in breast cancer and their involvement in bleb formation, cell motility and invasion in endocrine resistant variant cells. Int J Oncol 56:1014-1024 (2020). PubMed: 32319574
- Yong YX et al. Inhibitory role of lentivirus-mediated aquaporin-4 gene silencing in the formation of glial scar in a rat model of traumatic brain injury. J Cell Biochem 120:368-379 (2019). PubMed: 30246455
- Kamnaksh A et al. Harmonization of pipeline for preclinical multicenter plasma protein and miRNA biomarker discovery in a rat model of post-traumatic epileptogenesis. Epilepsy Res 149:92-101 (2019). PubMed: 30553097
- Li YN et al. Aquaporin 4 regulation by ginsenoside Rb1 intervenes with oxygen-glucose deprivation/reoxygenation-induced astrocyte injury. Medicine (Baltimore) 98:e17591 (2019). PubMed: 31626131