Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR7040] to Aquaporin 4
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 4 antibody [EPR7040]
See all Aquaporin 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7040] to Aquaporin 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Aquaporin 4 aa 300 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P55087
- Human brain tissue.
Mouse: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with this species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.60 x 10 -12 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab128906 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionForms a water-specific channel. Osmoreceptor which regulates body water balance and mediates water flow within the central nervous system.
Tissue specificityBrain - muscle >> heart, kidney, lung, and trachea.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC at Ser-180 reduces conductance by 50%. Phosphorylation by PKG at Ser-111 in response to glutamats increases conductance by 40%.
- Information by UniProt
- AQP 4 antibody
- AQP-4 antibody
- AQP4 antibody
ab128906 at 1/100 dilution, staining Aquaporin 4 in paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab128906 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Guan Y et al. Effect of AQP4-RNAi in treating traumatic brain edema: Multi-modal MRI and histopathological changes of early stage edema in a rat model. Exp Ther Med 19:2029-2036 (2020). PubMed: 32104262
- Barrera V et al. Neurovascular sequestration in paediatric P. falciparum malaria is visible clinically in the retina. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29578406
- Salman MM et al. Hypothermia increases aquaporin 4 (AQP4) plasma membrane abundance in human primary cortical astrocytes via a calcium/transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4)- and calmodulin-mediated mechanism. Eur J Neurosci 46:2542-2547 (2017). PubMed: 28925524
- Kitchen P et al. Structural Determinants of Oligomerization of the Aquaporin-4 Channel. J Biol Chem 291:6858-71 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26786101
- Kitchen P & Conner AC Control of the Aquaporin-4 Channel Water Permeability by Structural Dynamics of Aromatic/Arginine Selectivity Filter Residues. Biochemistry 54:6753-5 (2015). PubMed: 26512424
- Kitchen P et al. Identification and Molecular Mechanisms of the Rapid Tonicity-induced Relocalization of the Aquaporin 4 Channel. J Biol Chem 290:16873-81 (2015). PubMed: 26013827
- Capoccia E et al. S100B-p53 disengagement by pentamidine promotes apoptosis and inhibits cellular migration via aquaporin-4 and metalloproteinase-2 inhibition in C6 glioma cells. Oncol Lett 9:2864-2870 (2015). PubMed: 26137161