Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 5 antibody
See all Aquaporin 5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
A 17 amino acid synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of rat Aquaporin 5
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78486 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 - 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.05 - 0.1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
FunctionForms a water-specific channel. Implicated in the generation of saliva, tears, and pulmonary secretions. Required for TRPV4 activation by hypotonicity (PubMed:16571723). Together with TRPV4, controls regulatory volume decrease in salivary epithelial cells (PubMed:16571723).
Involvement in diseaseKeratoderma, palmoplantar, Bothnian type
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
Cellular localizationApical cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AQP 5 antibody
- AQP-5 antibody
- AQP5 antibody
Anti-Aquaporin 5 antibody (ab78486) at 0.1 µg/ml + Rat salivary gland tissue lysate
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG secondary antibody conjugated to HRP
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) staining Aquaporin 5 with ab78486 (1/2000) in rat lung. An anti-Rabbit secondary antibody and HRP-DAB was used. Tissues were processed using heat-induced epitope retrieval.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) staining Aquaporin 5 with ab78486 (1/500) in mouse trachea tissue. An anti-Rabbit secondary antibody and HRP-DAB was used. Tissues were processed using heat-induced epitope retrieval.
ab78486 has been referenced in 31 publications.
- Sui Y et al. Generation of functional salivary gland tissue from human submandibular gland stem/progenitor cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 11:127 (2020). PubMed: 32197647
- Elkhider A et al. Aquaporin 5 promotes tumor migration and angiogenesis in non-small cell lung cancer cell line H1299. Oncol Lett 19:1665-1672 (2020). PubMed: 32194658
- Mona M et al. MIST1, an Inductive Signal for Salivary Amylase in Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30759717
- Miao N et al. Loss of Fam20c causes defects in the acinar and duct structure of salivary glands in mice. Int J Mol Med 43:2103-2117 (2019). PubMed: 30864688
- Guenthart BA et al. Regeneration of severely damaged lungs using an interventional cross-circulation platform. Nat Commun 10:1985 (2019). PubMed: 31064987