Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to Aquaporin 9/AQP-9
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 9/AQP-9 antibody
See all Aquaporin 9/AQP-9 primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Aquaporin 9/AQP-9
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Aquaporin 9/AQP-9 (C terminal).
(Peptide available as
The control peptide, because of its low MW (<3kD), is not suitable for Western blotting. It should be used for ELISA or antibody blocking to confirm antibody specificity. We recommend the use of 0.5-1% milk in all primary/secondary antibody-enzyme conjugate incubations in order to suppress non-specific bands.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: Whole serum, 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
FunctionForms a channel with a broad specificity. Mediates passage of a wide variety of non-charged solutes including carbamides, polyols, purines, and pyrimidines in a phloretin- and mercury-sensitive manner, whereas amino acids, cyclic sugars, Na(+), K(+), Cl(-), and deprotonated monocarboxylates are excluded. Also permeable to urea and glycerol.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in peripheral leukocytes. Also expressed in liver, lung, and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
- Information by UniProt
- AQP 9 antibody
- AQP-9 antibody
- Aqp9 antibody
ab15129 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wu J et al. LncRNA MALAT1 promotes neuropathic pain progression through the miR-154-5p/AQP9 axis in CCI rat models. Mol Med Rep 21:291-303 (2020). PubMed: 31746418
- Liao S et al. Aquaporin 9 inhibits growth and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Aging (Albany NY) 12:1527-1544 (2020). PubMed: 31969493
- Mori S et al. Aqp9 Gene Deletion Enhances Retinal Ganglion Cell (RGC) Death and Dysfunction Induced by Optic Nerve Crush: Evidence that Aquaporin 9 Acts as an Astrocyte-to-Neuron Lactate Shuttle in Concert with Monocarboxylate Transporters To Support RGC Function and Survival. Mol Neurobiol 57:4530-4548 (2020). PubMed: 32748371
- Huang X et al. Regulation mechanism of aquaporin 9 gene on inflammatory response and cardiac function in rats with myocardial infarction through extracellular signal-regulated kinase1/2 pathway. Heart Vessels 34:2041-2051 (2019). PubMed: 31218464
- Xiang T et al. The possible association between AQP9 in the intestinal epithelium and acute liver injury-induced intestinal epithelium damage. Mol Med Rep 18:4987-4993 (2018). PubMed: 30320400
- Ma W et al. Zika Virus Causes Testis Damage and Leads to Male Infertility in Mice. Cell 167:1511-1524.e10 (2016). PubMed: 27884405
- Blomqvist SR et al. Epididymal expression of the forkhead transcription factor Foxi1 is required for male fertility. EMBO J 25:4131-41 (2006). PubMed: 16932748