Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to Aquaporin 9/AQP-9
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 9/AQP-9 antibody
See all Aquaporin 9/AQP-9 primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Aquaporin 9/AQP-9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Aquaporin 9/AQP-9 (C terminal).
(Peptide available as
General notesThe control peptide, because of its low MW (<3kD), is not suitable for Western blotting. It should be used for ELISA or antibody blocking to confirm antibody specificity. We recommend the use of 0.5-1% milk in all primary/secondary antibody-enzyme conjugate incubations in order to suppress non-specific bands.
Previously labelled as Aquaporin 9.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: Whole serum, 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15129 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 35.4 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionForms a channel with a broad specificity. Mediates passage of a wide variety of non-charged solutes including carbamides, polyols, purines, and pyrimidines in a phloretin- and mercury-sensitive manner, whereas amino acids, cyclic sugars, Na(+), K(+), Cl(-), and deprotonated monocarboxylates are excluded. Also permeable to urea and glycerol.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in peripheral leukocytes. Also expressed in liver, lung, and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
- Information by UniProt
- AQP 9 antibody
- AQP-9 antibody
- Aqp9 antibody
ab15129 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wu J et al. LncRNA MALAT1 promotes neuropathic pain progression through the miR-154-5p/AQP9 axis in CCI rat models. Mol Med Rep 21:291-303 (2020). PubMed: 31746418
- Huang X et al. Regulation mechanism of aquaporin 9 gene on inflammatory response and cardiac function in rats with myocardial infarction through extracellular signal-regulated kinase1/2 pathway. Heart Vessels 34:2041-2051 (2019). PubMed: 31218464
- Xiang T et al. The possible association between AQP9 in the intestinal epithelium and acute liver injury-induced intestinal epithelium damage. Mol Med Rep 18:4987-4993 (2018). PubMed: 30320400
- Ma W et al. Zika Virus Causes Testis Damage and Leads to Male Infertility in Mice. Cell 167:1511-1524.e10 (2016). PubMed: 27884405
- Blomqvist SR et al. Epididymal expression of the forkhead transcription factor Foxi1 is required for male fertility. EMBO J 25:4131-41 (2006). PubMed: 16932748