Product nameArachidonoyl-AMC, Fluorogenic substrate for fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH)
DescriptionFluorogenic substrate for fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH)
Biological descriptionSpecific FAAH substrate. Releases fluorescent AMC (excitation wavelength of 340-360 nm) and arachidonic acid on hydrolysis.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Kage KL et al. A high throughput fluorescent assay for measuring the activity of fatty acid amide hydrolase. J Neurosci Methods 161:47-54 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17083980) »
- Huang H et al. Development of highly sensitive fluorescent assays for fatty acid amide hydrolase. Anal Biochem 363:12-21 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17291440) »
- Ramarao MK et al. A fluorescence-based assay for fatty acid amide hydrolase compatible with high-throughput screening. Anal Biochem 343:143-51 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 16018870) »