Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2.84 pg/ml
- Range: 4.1 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Species independent
Product nameArg8-Vasopressin ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 32.1 pg/mL 22 14.3% 70.7 pg/mL 22 6.7% 143.7 pg/mL 22 6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 33.0 13 9.5% 66.4 13 6.4% 136.2 13 8.6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Range4.1 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Tissue Culture Media 116.2 % - %
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Abcam’s Arg8-Vasopressin in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Arg8-Vasopressin in tissue culture media.
A goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with a Biotin conjugated- Arg8-Vasopressin antigen and a polyclonal rabbit antibody specific to Arg8-Vasopressin. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away. pNpp substrate is added and after a short incubation the enzyme reaction is stopped and the yellow color generated is read at 405 nm. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Arg8-Vasopressin captured in the plate.
Arginine Vasopressin (AVP) is a 9 amino acid peptide with a 6-member disulfide ring. It is structurally related to oxytocin differing in 2 amino acids. It is synthesized in the hypothalamus supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei. It is stored in the posterior pituitary for release. AVP has powerful antidiuretic action and is also known as antidiuretic hormone (ADH). It acts upon the collecting tubule of the kidney increasing permeability to water and urea. It also has neurotransmitter and peripheral humoral functions.
AVP has been shown to be released upon both osmotic and non-osmotic stimuli, and its release into peripheral blood causes effects upon a number of factors, including emotional stress, posture, blood volume, and temperature. Alcohol appears to inhibit AVP secretion. Serum AVP measurement is used clinically for studies involving diabetes insipidus, syndrome of inappropriate ADH secretion (SIADH), ectopic AVP production and pyschogenic water intoxication.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Assay Buffer 1 x 27ml Goat anti-rabbit IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Plate Sealer 1 unit SA-HRP 1 x 20ml Stop Solution 1 x 10ml TMB Substrate 1 x 20ml Vasopressin Biotin Conjugate 1 x 5ml Vasopressin polyclonal rabbit Antibody 1 x 5ml Vasopressin Standard 1 x 500µl
- Antidiuretic hormone
- Arginine vasopressin
ab205928 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Goto Y et al. Reciprocal Expression Patterns of Placental Leucine Aminopeptidase/Insulin-Regulated Aminopeptidase and Vasopressin in the Murine Brain. Front Mol Biosci 7:168 (2020). PubMed: 32793633
- Harvey BH et al. Social isolation rearing-induced anxiety and response to agomelatine in male and female rats: Role of corticosterone, oxytocin, and vasopressin. J Psychopharmacol 33:640-646 (2019). PubMed: 30789294
- Dayanithi G et al. Vasopressin and oxytocin in sensory neurones: expression, exocytotic release and regulation by lactation. Sci Rep 8:13084 (2018). PubMed: 30166555