Product nameArginase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeEnzyme activity (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 0.2 U/ml
Assay time1h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Arginase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) ab180877 is a simple, sensitive and rapid assay to quantify arginase activity.
In the arginase assay protocol, arginase reacts with arginine and undergoes a series of reactions that form an intermediate that react stoichiometrically with the probe to generate a colored product that can be detected at OD = 570 nm.
The kit can detect less than 0.2 U/L Arginase activity in 96-well assay format.
Arginase assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add arginase substrate mix to sample wells only
- incubate for 20 min
- add arginase assay reaction mix to all wells
- analyze with microplate reader in kinetic mode for 10-30 min
Arginase (EC 22.214.171.124) is the final enzyme of the Urea Cycle. It converts L-arginine into urea and L-ornithine and plays an important role in removing ammonium ion from the body.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Arginase Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Arginase Converter Enzyme (Lyophilized) Blue 1 vial Arginase Developer (Lyophilized) Orange 1 vial Arginase Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized) Green 1 vial Arginase Positive Control (Lyophilized) Purple 1 vial Arginase Substrate (Lyophilized) White 1 vial Hydrogen peroxide Yellow 1 x 100µl OxiRed Probe in DMSO Red 1 x 200µl
PathwayNitrogen metabolism; urea cycle; L-ornithine and urea from L-arginine: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseArgininemia
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the arginase family.
- Information by UniProt
ab180877 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Adah D et al. Plasmodium infection inhibits the expansion and activation of MDSCs and Tregs in the tumor microenvironment in a murine Lewis lung cancer model. Cell Commun Signal 17:32 (2019). PubMed: 30979375
- Augusto L et al. Regulation of arginine transport by GCN2 eIF2 kinase is important for replication of the intracellular parasite Toxoplasma gondii. PLoS Pathog 15:e1007746 (2019). PubMed: 31194856
- Das A et al. Novel mechanisms of Collagenase Santyl Ointment (CSO) in wound macrophage polarization and resolution of wound inflammation. Sci Rep 8:1696 (2018). PubMed: 29374192
- Yeku OO et al. Armored CAR T cells enhance antitumor efficacy and overcome the tumor microenvironment. Sci Rep 7:10541 (2017). PubMed: 28874817
- Najac C et al. Detection of inflammatory cell function using (13)C magnetic resonance spectroscopy of hyperpolarized [6-(13)C]-arginine. Sci Rep 6:31397 (2016). PubMed: 27507680