Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR18251] to Arginine (glcnac )
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
Product nameAnti-Arginine (glcnac ) antibody [EPR18251]
See all Arginine primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR18251] to Arginine (glcnac )
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Arginine (glcnac ).
- WB: 293T cells transfected with TRADD and NleB whole cell lysate;
This antibody was developed as part of a collaboration between Abcam and the lab of Dr. Feng Shao, National Institute of Biological Sciences (NIBS), Beijing.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 0.05% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab195033 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
NleB contained an unprecedented N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) transferase activity that specifically modified a conserved arginine in these death domains (Arg 235 in the TRADD death domain).
RelevanceArginine is an alpha amino acid. The L form is one of the 20 most common natural amino acids. In mammals, arginine is classified as a semi essential or conditionally essential amino acid, depending on the developmental stage and health status of the individual.
- Arg antibody
- L arginine antibody
All lanes : Anti-Arginine (glcnac ) antibody [EPR18251] (ab195033) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK-293 (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) whole cell lysate transfected with TRADD
Lane 2 : HEK-293 whole cell lysate transfected with TRADD and NleB
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
5% NFDM/TBST: Blocking and dilution buffer.
WB image from Dr. Feng Shao's lab.
ab195033 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- El Qaidi S et al. An intra-bacterial activity for a T3SS effector. Sci Rep 10:1073 (2020). PubMed: 31974499
- Xue J et al. Auto Arginine-GlcNAcylation Is Crucial for Bacterial Pathogens in Regulating Host Cell Death. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 10:197 (2020). PubMed: 32432056
- Meng K et al. Arginine GlcNAcylation of Rab small GTPases by the pathogen Salmonella Typhimurium. Commun Biol 3:287 (2020). PubMed: 32504010
- Newson JPM et al. Salmonella Effectors SseK1 and SseK3 Target Death Domain Proteins in the TNF and TRAIL Signaling Pathways. Mol Cell Proteomics 18:1138-1156 (2019). PubMed: 30902834
- Ding J et al. Structural and Functional Insights into Host Death Domains Inactivation by the Bacterial Arginine GlcNAcyltransferase Effector. Mol Cell 74:922-935.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30979585
- Esposito D et al. Structural basis for the glycosyltransferase activity of the Salmonella effector SseK3. J Biol Chem 293:5064-5078 (2018). IP ; Human . PubMed: 29449376
- Xu C et al. A pathogen-derived effector modulates host glucose metabolism by arginine GlcNAcylation of HIF-1a protein. PLoS Pathog 14:e1007259 (2018). PubMed: 30125331
- Scott NE et al. The bacterial arginine glycosyltransferase effector NleB preferentially modifies Fas-associated death domain protein (FADD). J Biol Chem 292:17337-17350 (2017). PubMed: 28860194
- Günster RA et al. SseK1 and SseK3 T3SS effectors inhibit NF-?B signalling and necroptotic cell death in Salmonella-infected macrophages. Infect Immun N/A:N/A (2017). ICC/IF . PubMed: 28069818