Product nameAnti-ARK5 antibody
See all ARK5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ARK5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide from the C-terminal region of human ARK5 conjugated to KLH
- Mouse brain tissue lysate and human breast carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71814 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 74 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in tolerance to glucose starvation. Phosphorylates ATM. Suppresses Fas-induced apoptosis by phosphorylation of CASP6, thus suppressing the activation of the caspase and the subsequent cleavage of CFLAR.
Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in heart and brain, and at lower levels in skeletal muscle, kidney, ovary, placenta, lung and liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. SNF1 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated with 'Lys-29'- and 'Lys-33'-linked polyubiquitins which appear to impede LKB1-mediated phosphorylation. Deubiquitinated by USP9X.
- Information by UniProt
- AMP activated protein kinase family member 5 antibody
- AMPK related protein kinase 5 antibody
- AMPK-related protein kinase 5 antibody
Anti-ARK5 antibody (ab71814) at 1/100 dilution + mouse brain tissue lysate at 12.5 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 74 kDa
Observed band size: 74 kDa
Additional bands at: 17 kDa, 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab71814 at 1/50 dilution, staining ARK5 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded tissue, followed by peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody and DAB staining.
This product has been referenced in:
- Ye Z et al. ARK5 promotes invasion and migration in hepatocellular carcinoma cells by regulating epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncol Lett 15:1511-1516 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29434843) »
- Lasagna-Reeves CA et al. Reduction of Nuak1 Decreases Tau and Reverses Phenotypes in a Tauopathy Mouse Model. Neuron 92:407-418 (2016). WB . Read more (PubMed: 27720485) »