Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR7979] to Arp2
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Arp2 antibody [EPR7979]
See all Arp2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7979] to Arp2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Arp2 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Jurkat, HUVEC, MCF-7, HeLa lysates. MCF-7 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 1.75 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129018 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionFunctions as ATP-binding component of the Arp2/3 complex which is involved in regulation of actin polymerization and together with an activating nucleation-promoting factor (NPF) mediates the formation of branched actin networks. Seems to contact the pointed end of the daughter actin filament.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family. ARP2 subfamily.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell projection.
- Information by UniProt
- Actin like protein 2 antibody
- Actin related protein 2 antibody
- Actin-like protein 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Arp2 antibody [EPR7979] (ab129018) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysates
Lane 2 : HUVEC cell lysates
Lane 3 : MCF-7 cell lysates
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized MCF-7 cells using ab129018 at 1/10 (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green)
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab129018 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Mehedi M et al. Actin-Related Protein 2 (ARP2) and Virus-Induced Filopodia Facilitate Human Respiratory Syncytial Virus Spread. PLoS Pathog 12:e1006062 (2016). PubMed: 27926942