Product nameAnti-Arp2 antibody [EPR7980]
See all Arp2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7980] to Arp2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human Arp2 (P61160).
- Human uterus tissue; Jurkat, Huvec and MCF7 cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 7.00 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab128934 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionFunctions as ATP-binding component of the Arp2/3 complex which is involved in regulation of actin polymerization and together with an activating nucleation-promoting factor (NPF) mediates the formation of branched actin networks. Seems to contact the pointed end of the daughter actin filament.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family. ARP2 subfamily.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell projection.
- Information by UniProt
- Actin like protein 2 antibody
- Actin related protein 2 antibody
- Actin-like protein 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Arp2 antibody [EPR7980] (ab128934) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : HUVEC cell lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Standard HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab128934, at a 1/100 dilution, staining Arp2 in paraffin-embedded human uterus tissue by immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
This product has been referenced in:
- Bolger-Munro M et al. Arp2/3 complex-driven spatial patterning of the BCR enhances immune synapse formation, BCR signaling and B cell activation. Elife 8:N/A (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31157616) »
- Miller HE et al. Actin polymerization in the endosomal pathway, but not on the Coxiella-containing vacuole, is essential for pathogen growth. PLoS Pathog 14:e1007005 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29668757) »