Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Arp5
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Arp5 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Arp5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Arp5.
- S. cereviseae lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12099 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 87 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 87 kDa).|
RelevanceThe budding yeast INO80 complex is a conserved ATP-dependent nucleosome remodeler containing actin-related proteins Arp5 and Arp8. Strains lacking INO80, ARP5, or ARP8 have defects in transcription. Ino80, Arp5, and Arp8 are recruited to an HO-induced DSB, where a phosphorylated form of H2A accumulates. Recruitment of Ino80 is compromised in cells lacking the H2A phosphoacceptor S129. INO80-mediated chromatin remodeling seems to occur directly at DSBs, where it appears to facilitate processing of the lesion.
- Actin-like protein ARP5 antibody
- ARP5_YEAST antibody
- P53946 antibody
Anti-Arp5 antibody (ab12099) + S.cerevisiae lysate
Alexa Fluor Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 87 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 70 kDa (possible cross reactivity)
All lanes : Anti-Arp5 antibody (ab12099) at 0.36 µg/ml
Lane 1 : S. cerevisiae whole cell lysate (wild type)
Lane 2 : S. cerevisiae whole cell lysate (arp5 knockout)
Lane 3 : S. cerevisiae whole cell lysate (arp8 knockout)
Lane 4 : S. cerevisiae whole cell lysate (ino80 knockout)
Lane 5 : S. cerevisiae whole cell lysate (anc1 knockout)
Lane 6 : S. cerevisiae whole cell lysate (nhp10 knockout)
Lane 7 : S. cerevisiae whole cell lysate (wild type, treated with MMS)
Lane 8 : S. cerevisiae whole cell lysate (arp8 knockout, treated with MMS)
Predicted band size: 87 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Using ab12099, bands were present in all S. cerevisiae strains tested except for an arp5 knockout strain. This provides conclusive evidence that the ab12099 recognises Arp5.
ab12099 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Gowans GJ et al. INO80 Chromatin Remodeling Coordinates Metabolic Homeostasis with Cell Division. Cell Rep 22:611-623 (2018). WB ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . PubMed: 29346761
- Xue Y et al. Mot1, Ino80C, and NC2 Function Coordinately to Regulate Pervasive Transcription in Yeast and Mammals. Mol Cell 67:594-607.e4 (2017). PubMed: 28735899
- Panday A & Grove A The high mobility group protein HMO1 functions as a linker histone in yeast. Epigenetics Chromatin 9:13 (2016). ChIP . PubMed: 27030801
- Billant O et al. The dominant-negative interplay between p53, p63 and p73: A family affair. Oncotarget 7:69549-69564 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27589690
- Bennett G & Peterson CL SWI/SNF recruitment to a DNA double-strand break by the NuA4 and Gcn5 histone acetyltransferases. DNA Repair (Amst) 30:38-45 (2015). PubMed: 25869823
- Panday A et al. Yeast high mobility group protein HMO1 stabilizes chromatin and is evicted during repair of DNA double strand breaks. Nucleic Acids Res 43:5759-70 (2015). ChIP . PubMed: 25979266
- Xue Y et al. The Ino80 complex prevents invasion of euchromatin into silent chromatin. Genes Dev 29:350-5 (2015). CHIPseq . PubMed: 25691465
- Yao W et al. Assembly of the Arp5 (Actin-related Protein) Subunit Involved in Distinct INO80 Chromatin Remodeling Activities. J Biol Chem 290:25700-9 (2015). PubMed: 26306040
- Bennett G et al. DNA repair choice defines a common pathway for recruitment of chromatin regulators. Nat Commun 4:2084 (2013). PubMed: 23811932