Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Aryl hydrocarbon Receptor
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Aryl hydrocarbon Receptor antibody
See all Aryl hydrocarbon Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aryl hydrocarbon Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide from the N terminal residues of human Aryl hydrocarbon Receptor (NM_001621).
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200ul distilled sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 0.184% Tris glycine
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84833 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 96 kDa.|
FunctionLigand-activated transcriptional activator. Binds to the XRE promoter region of genes it activates. Activates the expression of multiple phase I and II xenobiotic chemical metabolizing enzyme genes (such as the CYP1A1 gene). Mediates biochemical and toxic effects of halogenated aromatic hydrocarbons. Involved in cell-cycle regulation. Likely to play an important role in the development and maturation of many tissues.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested including blood, brain, heart, kidney, liver, lung, pancreas and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 PAC (PAS-associated C-terminal) domain.
Contains 2 PAS (PER-ARNT-SIM) domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Initially cytoplasmic; upon binding with ligand and interaction with a HSP90, it translocates to the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Ah receptor antibody
- AhR antibody
- AHR_HUMAN antibody
ab84833 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Duan Z et al. Nuclear localization of Newcastle disease virus matrix protein promotes virus replication by affecting viral RNA synthesis and transcription and inhibiting host cell transcription. Vet Res 50:22 (2019). PubMed: 30894203
- Currey N et al. Mouse Model of Mutated in Colorectal Cancer Gene Deletion Reveals Novel Pathways in Inflammation and Cancer. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:819-839 (2019). PubMed: 30831321
- Wang J et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor/IL-22/Stat3 signaling pathway is involved in the modulation of intestinal mucosa antimicrobial molecules by commensal microbiota in mice. Innate Immun 24:297-306 (2018). PubMed: 29976114
- Silveira LTR et al. Protective effect of resveratrol on urogenital sinus and prostate development in rats exposed in utero to TCDD (2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin). Reprod Toxicol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29935225
- Xu T et al. Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Protects Lungs from Cockroach Allergen-Induced Inflammation by Modulating Mesenchymal Stem Cells. J Immunol 195:5539-50 (2015). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 26561548
- Zhou Y et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) modulates cockroach allergen-induced immune responses through active TGFß1 release. Mediators Inflamm 2014:591479 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24795504
- Ohno M et al. Sudan III dye strongly induces CYP1A1 mRNA expression in HepG2 cells. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 26:16-22 (2012). EMSA ; Human . PubMed: 22287322
- Ohno M et al. All-trans retinoic acid inhibits the recruitment of ARNT to DNA, resulting in the decrease of CYP1A1 mRNA expression in HepG2 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:484-9 (2012). PubMed: 22177959
- Kretzschmar G et al. Estradiol regulates aryl hydrocarbon receptor expression in the rat uterus. Mol Cell Endocrinol 321:253-7 (2010). IHC-P . PubMed: 20176079