Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to AS160 (phospho T642)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.50
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.238% HEPES, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65753 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 147 kDa.|
FunctionMay act as a GTPase-activating protein for RAB2A, RAB8A, RAB10 and RAB14. Isoform 2 promotes insulin-induced glucose transporter SLC2A4/GLUT4 translocation at the plasma membrane, thus increasing glucose uptake.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Isoform 2 is the highest overexpressed in most tissues. Isoform 1 is highly expressed in skeletal muscle and heart, but was not detectable in the liver nor in adipose tissue. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in adrenal and thyroid gland, and also in lung, kidney, colon, brain and adipose tissue. Isoform 2 is moderately expressed in skeletal muscle. Expressed in pancreatic Langerhans islets, including beta cells (at protein level). Expression is decreased by twofold in pancreatic islets in type 2 diabetes patients compared to control subjects. Up-regulated in T cells from patients with atopic dermatitis.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 PID domains.
Contains 1 Rab-GAP TBC domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1; insulin-induced.
Insulin-stimulated phosphorylation is required for SLC2A4/GLUT4 translocation.
Physiological hyperinsulinemia increases phosphorylation in skeletal muscle. Insulin-stimulated phosphorylation is reduced by 39% in type 2 diabetic patients.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Isoform 2 shows a cytoplasmic perinuclear localization in a myoblastic cell line in resting and insulin-stimulated cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Acrg embryonic lethality (mouse) minimal region ortholog antibody
- Acrg embryonic lethality minimal region ortholog antibody
- Acrg embryonic lethality mouse minimal region ortholog antibody
All lanes : Anti-AS160 (phospho T642) antibody (ab65753) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : AS160 wild type (WT)
Lane 2 : AS160 wild type (WT) with (+) 1 µM insulin treatment for 15 minutes
Lane 3 : S588A mutant (S588A)
Lane 4 : S588A mutant (S588A) with (+) 1 µM insulin treatment for 15 minutes
Lane 5 : T642A mutant (T642A)
Lane 6 : T642A mutant (T642A) with (+) 1 µM insulin treatment for 15 minutes
Predicted band size: 147 kDa
Western blot analysis of immunoprecipitated Flagtagged AS160 wild type (WT), S588A mutant (S588A), and T642A mutant (T642A) over-expressed transiently in HEK-293 cells, basal (-) or with (+) 1 µM insulin treatment for 15 minutes.
ab65753 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yang GS et al. mTOR is involved in stroke-induced seizures and the anti-seizure effect of mild hypothermia. Mol Med Rep 17:5821-5829 (2018). PubMed: 29484389
- Krag TO et al. Differential glucose metabolism in mice and humans affected by McArdle disease. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 311:R307-14 (2016). PubMed: 27280431
- Inazuka F et al. Muscle-specific Knock-out of NUAK Family SNF1-like Kinase 1 (NUAK1) Prevents High Fat Diet-induced Glucose Intolerance. J Biol Chem 287:16379-89 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22418434
- Schweitzer GG et al. Sustained postexercise increases in AS160 Thr642 and Ser588 phosphorylation in skeletal muscle without sustained increases in kinase phosphorylation. J Appl Physiol 113:1852-61 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22936728