Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to AS160 (phospho T642)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-AS160 (phospho T642) antibody
See all AS160 primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to AS160 (phospho T642)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
- WB: HEK-293 cells
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.50
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.238% HEPES, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65753 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 147 kDa.|
FunctionMay act as a GTPase-activating protein for RAB2A, RAB8A, RAB10 and RAB14. Isoform 2 promotes insulin-induced glucose transporter SLC2A4/GLUT4 translocation at the plasma membrane, thus increasing glucose uptake.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Isoform 2 is the highest overexpressed in most tissues. Isoform 1 is highly expressed in skeletal muscle and heart, but was not detectable in the liver nor in adipose tissue. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in adrenal and thyroid gland, and also in lung, kidney, colon, brain and adipose tissue. Isoform 2 is moderately expressed in skeletal muscle. Expressed in pancreatic Langerhans islets, including beta cells (at protein level). Expression is decreased by twofold in pancreatic islets in type 2 diabetes patients compared to control subjects. Up-regulated in T cells from patients with atopic dermatitis.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 PID domains.
Contains 1 Rab-GAP TBC domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1; insulin-induced.
Insulin-stimulated phosphorylation is required for SLC2A4/GLUT4 translocation.
Physiological hyperinsulinemia increases phosphorylation in skeletal muscle. Insulin-stimulated phosphorylation is reduced by 39% in type 2 diabetic patients.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Isoform 2 shows a cytoplasmic perinuclear localization in a myoblastic cell line in resting and insulin-stimulated cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Acrg embryonic lethality (mouse) minimal region ortholog antibody
- Acrg embryonic lethality minimal region ortholog antibody
- Acrg embryonic lethality mouse minimal region ortholog antibody
All lanes : Anti-AS160 (phospho T642) antibody (ab65753) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : AS160 wild type (WT)
Lane 2 : AS160 wild type (WT) with (+) 1 µM insulin treatment for 15 minutes
Lane 3 : S588A mutant (S588A)
Lane 4 : S588A mutant (S588A) with (+) 1 µM insulin treatment for 15 minutes
Lane 5 : T642A mutant (T642A)
Lane 6 : T642A mutant (T642A) with (+) 1 µM insulin treatment for 15 minutes
Predicted band size: 147 kDa
Western blot analysis of immunoprecipitated Flagtagged AS160 wild type (WT), S588A mutant (S588A), and T642A mutant (T642A) over-expressed transiently in HEK-293 cells, basal (-) or with (+) 1 µM insulin treatment for 15 minutes.
ab65753 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Actis Dato V et al. LRP1-Mediated AggLDL Endocytosis Promotes Cholesteryl Ester Accumulation and Impairs Insulin Response in HL-1 Cells. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31936892
- Yang GS et al. mTOR is involved in stroke-induced seizures and the anti-seizure effect of mild hypothermia. Mol Med Rep 17:5821-5829 (2018). PubMed: 29484389
- Krag TO et al. Differential glucose metabolism in mice and humans affected by McArdle disease. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 311:R307-14 (2016). PubMed: 27280431
- Inazuka F et al. Muscle-specific Knock-out of NUAK Family SNF1-like Kinase 1 (NUAK1) Prevents High Fat Diet-induced Glucose Intolerance. J Biol Chem 287:16379-89 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22418434
- Schweitzer GG et al. Sustained postexercise increases in AS160 Thr642 and Ser588 phosphorylation in skeletal muscle without sustained increases in kinase phosphorylation. J Appl Physiol 113:1852-61 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22936728