Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ASC-2/NRC
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ASC-2/NRC antibody
See all ASC-2/NRC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ASC-2/NRC
This antibody was tested on U937, human prostate, human ovary and human testis extracts in western blot analysis and did not detect ASC-2/NRC in these extracts.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- This antibody gives a positive signal in HeLa, HepG2 and MCF7 nuclear lysates.
This product was previously labelled as ASC-2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18193 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 250 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 220 kDa).|
RelevanceThe protein encoded by this gene is a nuclear receptor coactivator that directly binds nuclear receptors and stimulates the transcriptional activities in a hormone dependent fashion. It is involved in the coactivation of different nuclear receptors, such as steroids (GR and ERs), retinoids (RARs and RXRs), thyroid hormone (TRs), vitamin D3 (VDR) and prostanoids (PPARs). It probably functions as a general coactivator, rather than just a nuclear receptor coactivator,and may also be involved in the coactivation of the NFkB pathway (referenced from swissprot).
- Activating signal cointegrator 2 antibody
- AIB3 antibody
- Amplified in breast cancer 3 protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-ASC-2/NRC antibody (ab18193) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 220 kDa
Observed band size: 250 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 210 kDa, 65 kDa, 85 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
This blot was produced using a 3-8% Tris Acetate gel under the TA buffer system. The gel was run at 150V for 60 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 5% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab18193 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution.
ab18193 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Dai W et al. Melatonin prevents sepsis-induced renal injury via the PINK1/Parkin1 signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med 44:1197-1204 (2019). PubMed: 31432108
- Ying Y et al. NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation by MicroRNA-495 Promoter Methylation May Contribute to the Progression of Acute Lung Injury. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 18:801-814 (2019). PubMed: 31734560
- Han SI et al. Estrogen receptor ligands ameliorate fatty liver through a nonclassical estrogen receptor/Liver X receptor pathway in mice. Hepatology 59:1791-802 (2014). PubMed: 24277692
- Massip L et al. Deciphering the chromatin landscape induced around DNA double strand breaks. Cell Cycle 9:2963-72 (2010). PubMed: 20714222