Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ASK1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ASK1 antibody
See all ASK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ASK1
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total ASK1 protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- HeLa cells, 293 cell extract, Human breast carcinoma tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 48% PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.88% Sodium chloride
PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131506 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 155 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionComponent of a protein kinase signal transduction cascade. Phosphorylates and activates MAP2K4 and MAP2K6, which in turn activate the JNK and p38 MAP kinases, respectively. Overexpression induces apoptotic cell death.
Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in heart and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsDephosphorylated and activated by PGAM5.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptosis signal regulating kinase 1 antibody
- Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 antibody
- ASK 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ASK1 antibody (ab131506) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell extract
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract
Predicted band size: 155 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol fixed HeLa cells labelled with ab131506 at 1/100 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue labelled with ab131506 at 1/50 dilution (left) and ab131506 preincubated with blocking peptide (right).
ab131506 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Hang L et al. Ox-LDL Causes Endothelial Cell Injury Through ASK1/NLRP3-Mediated Inflammasome Activation via Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. Drug Des Devel Ther 14:731-744 (2020). PubMed: 32158192
- Liu H et al. High hydrostatic pressure induces apoptosis of retinal ganglion cells via regulation of the NGF signalling pathway. Mol Med Rep 19:5321-5334 (2019). PubMed: 31059045
- Zhong W et al. The protective effects of HGF against apoptosis in vascular endothelial cells caused by peripheral vascular injury. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 50:701-708 (2018). PubMed: 29718063
- Zhang L et al. Thioredoxin-1 Protects Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells from Hyperoxia-Induced Injury In Vitro. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2018:1023025 (2018). PubMed: 29599892
- Gao J et al. LncRNA-NR_033515 promotes proliferation, fibrogenesis and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition by targeting miR-743b-5p in diabetic nephropathy. Biomed Pharmacother 106:543-552 (2018). PubMed: 29990842
- Li Y et al. Intramyocardial injection of thioredoxin 2-expressing lentivirus alleviates myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. Am J Transl Res 9:4428-4439 (2017). PubMed: 29118905
- Akhtar N et al. MicroRNA-17 Suppresses TNF-a Signaling by Interfering with TRAF2 and cIAP2 Association in Rheumatoid Arthritis Synovial Fibroblasts. J Immunol 197:2219-28 (2016). PubMed: 27534557
- Hao H et al. NQDI-1, an inhibitor of ASK1 attenuates acute perinatal hypoxic-ischemic cerebral injury by modulating cell death. Mol Med Rep 13:4585-92 (2016). IF . PubMed: 27081917
- Chen M et al. Cross-talk between Arg methylation and Ser phosphorylation modulates apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 activation in endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell 27:1358-66 (2016). PubMed: 26912789