Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ATF-4
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ATF-4 antibody
See all ATF-4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ATF-4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
- ATF-4 tagged recombinant protein This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Methanol fixed cell lines: MCF-7.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23760 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
FunctionTranscriptional activator. Binds the cAMP response element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. It binds to a Tax-responsive enhancer element in the long terminal repeat of HTLV-I.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Nucleus. Colocalizes with GABBR1 in hippocampal neuron dendritic membranes.
- Information by UniProt
- Activating transcription factor 4 antibody
- ATF 4 antibody
- ATF4 antibody
Anti-ATF-4 antibody (ab23760) at 1 µg/ml + ATF4 tagged recombinant protein at 0.1 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 76 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Ab23760 gave a positive signal against the tagged recombinant ATF4 protein which is known to run at 76 kDa.
ICC/IF image of ab23760 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab23760 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab23760 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Zhu X et al. lncRNA MEG3 promotes hepatic insulin resistance by serving as a competing endogenous RNA of miR-214 to regulate ATF4 expression. Int J Mol Med 43:345-357 (2019). PubMed: 30431065
- Lin J et al. Berberine, a Traditional Chinese Medicine, Reduces Inflammation in Adipose Tissue, Polarizes M2 Macrophages, and Increases Energy Expenditure in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet. Med Sci Monit 25:87-97 (2019). PubMed: 30606998
- Huo JF & Chen XB P2X4R silence suppresses glioma cell growth through BDNF/TrkB/ATF4 signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem 120:6322-6329 (2019). PubMed: 30362154
- Cui Y et al. Protective effect of Barbaloin in a rat model of myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury through the regulation of the CNPY2-PERK pathway. Int J Mol Med 43:2015-2023 (2019). PubMed: 30864682
- Zhou XT et al. Inhibition of autophagy enhances adenosine-induced apoptosis in human hepatoblastoma HepG2 cells. Oncol Rep 41:829-838 (2019). PubMed: 30535464