Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1591(2)Y] to ATF1 (phospho S63)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ATF1 (phospho S63) antibody [EP1591(2)Y]
See all ATF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1591(2)Y] to ATF1 (phospho S63)
Specificityab76085 detects ATF1 when phosphorylated at serine 63
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding serine 63 of human ATF1
- WB: HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035) IHC-P: human breast carcinoma
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76085 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50000 - 1/100000. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionThis protein binds the cAMP response element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. Binds to the Tax-responsive element (TRE) of HTLV-I. Mediates PKA-induced stimulation of CRE-reporter genes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ATF1 may be a cause of angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma (AFH) [MIM:612160]. A distinct variant of malignant fibrous histiocytoma that typically occurs in children and adolescents and is manifest by nodular subcutaneous growth. Characteristic microscopic features include lobulated sheets of histiocyte-like cells intimately associated with areas of hemorrhage and cystic pseudovascular spaces, as well as a striking cuffing of inflammatory cells, mimicking a lymph node metastasis. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving ATF1 are found in patients with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma. Translocation t(12;16)(q13;p11.2) with FUS generates a chimeric ATF1/FUS protein. Translocation t(12;22)(q13;q12) with EWSR1 generates a chimeric ATF1/EWSR1 protein.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 KID (kinase-inducible) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Activating transcription factor 1 antibody
- ATF 1 antibody
- atf1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ATF1 (phospho S63) antibody [EP1591(2)Y] (ab76085) at 1/100000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate (untreated)
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate, treated with Lambda
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anit rabbit HRP labelled IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Observed band size: 29 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of ATF1 in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue, using ab76085 at a 1/100 dilution.
ab76085 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li B et al. Isobavachalcone exerts anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic effects on human liver cancer cells by targeting the ERKs/RSK2 signaling pathway. Oncol Rep 41:3355-3366 (2019). PubMed: 30942462
- Upmanyu N et al. Impairment of the Gna11-controlled expression of claudin-1 and MMP-9 and collective migration of human breast cancer MCF-7 cells by DHEAS. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol N/A:N/A (2018). Human . PubMed: 29684479
- Papadopoulos D et al. Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate Stimulates Expression of Blood-Testis-Barrier Proteins Claudin-3 and -5 and Tight Junction Formation via a Gna11-Coupled Receptor in Sertoli Cells. PLoS One 11:e0150143 (2016). PubMed: 26938869
- Lee CJ et al. Fibroblast and Epidermal Growth Factors Utilize Different Signaling Pathways to Induce Anchorage-independent Cell Transformation in JB6 Cl41 Mouse Skin Epidermal Cells. J Cancer Prev 19:199-208 (2014). PubMed: 25337589
- Wan X et al. 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase-activating transcription factor 1 cascade modulates human monocyte-derived macrophages to atheroprotective functions in response to heme or metformin. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:2470-80 (2013). PubMed: 24051143
- Shihan M et al. Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate mediates activation of transcription factors CREB and ATF-1 via a Ga11-coupled receptor in the spermatogenic cell line GC-2. Biochim Biophys Acta 1833:3064-3075 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23988737
- Boyle JJ et al. Activating transcription factor 1 directs Mhem atheroprotective macrophages through coordinated iron handling and foam cell protection. Circ Res 110:20-33 (2012). WB, IHC-P, ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 22052915